Lubricity of Redline SI-1 vs MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMC

I know Redline SI-1 is a great PEA based cleaner, but cleaning aspect aside, how does it do as an UCL compared to MMO ?

Just doing a very non-scientific test, SI-1 feels more slippery than MMO. I Poured a tiny bit of each into separate bottle caps and had my brother choose what he thought was slipperier and he picked SI-1 also. Is that a double blind study? lol

I am partial to Redline, though I use both, Redline is my main cleaner and I use MMO as a maintenance product.

Redline states it's SI-1 product can be used continously, at a rate of

3oz to 20gal
4oz
5oz
6oz to 20gal

Would you need to use the higher concentrations to receive the benifits of the UCL properties ?

I'm guessing Redline knows their product and if using the higher amounts you wont overdose the PEA for continual use.

Their must be a reason for the different treat rates.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Just doing a very non-scientific test, SI-1 feels more slippery than MMO. I Poured a tiny bit of each into separate bottle caps and had my brother choose what he thought was slipperier and he picked SI-1 also. Is that a double blind study? lol

That is actually a single blind. If the test was designed so that YOU didn't know which was which, that would be double blind.

According to Red Line, MMO is a better UCL, but Red Line is the better cleaner. What are you looking for, a good UCL or a good cleaner? I often mix the two and have the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
According to Red Line, MMO is a better UCL, but Red Line is the better cleaner. What are you looking for, a good UCL or a good cleaner? I often mix the two and have the best of both worlds.

Would like both, a good cleaner and UCL.

We know 1.5oz / 10 gal is a recommended dose for Redline SI-1, now if it is in combination with MMO, what would be your opinion on that dose ?

I'm thinking 3oz / 10gal MMO, so that would be 1.5oz SI-1 and 3oz MMO for a total of 4.5oz of mixture.

Originally Posted By: FMC

We know 1.5oz / 10 gal is a recommended dose for Redline SI-1, now if it is in combination with MMO, what would be your opinion on that dose ?

I'm thinking 3oz / 10gal MMO, so that would be 1.5oz SI-1 and 3oz MMO for a total of 4.5oz of mixture.

That will work fine, in fact I've used the two in the exact same amounts.

That will work fine, in fact I've used the two in the exact same amounts.

Ditto....works great in mt 03' Ford Focus (2.3L Duratec).

Just to be clear, you guys have used 1.5oz SI-1 and 3oz MMO combined for 10 gal ?

Just to be clear, you guys have used 1.5oz SI-1 and 3oz MMO combined for 10 gal ?

Thats correct......works great.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
FMC said:

Thats correct......works great.

Yes, this is what I do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back