Looking for a unique torque adapter.

Like these?

Screenshot_20240503_145242_Chrome.jpg

On old Caterpillar industrial engines, the fuel lines are all inline between the exhaust manifolds in the V on top of the engine. I used to use Snap On 12 point crowfoots to get in there and get them off or on. Worked great.

Last edited:
Would flare nut crowfoot wrenches fit?

Or is it the reach that is more important than the grip configuration?
Have to have both.

I have closed-end adapters that will reach, but there is not enough clearance around the bolt head for a closed-end.

Have to have both.

I have closed-end adapters that will reach, but there is not enough clearance around the bolt head for a closed-end.
When nothing else fit, I took a combination wrench, and cut out about 3/4” of the “ring” portion to make a crowfoot ring wrench. It was a good quality wrench, and it worked. It was an O2 sensor. Nothing else fit. I used a 7/8” Craftsman (made in the USA).

Perhaps take one of the closed ring wrench torque adapters, like you pictured, and cut out enough to slip over the stud. Buy a good one, like Stahlwille, Hazet, etc. it hurts to sacrifice a good wrench, but it gets the job done.

I later replaced that Craftsman with an eBay wrench, same vintage and markings.

What I have been doing is using a 10mm allen in the closed end of a stubby wrench. Most guys just skip it and give it German torque.

I can tell, because I end up replacing fasteners on everyone's aircraft but my own.

I've got authorization to purchase quite a few and have considered asking a local welding shop to make a run.

Back