Look at doing a Bypass on my 6.0, Q's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EaBP is a pleated (fiber) glass filter...the previous version, the BE-90, was a stacked plate design (stacked discs of a felt-like material)...

M'kay. Really leaning toward a FS2500, installed with the Amsoil type items. I don't like where they want me to mount it on my truck... way down on the frame rail. Want it in the engine bay, with short(er) SST lines.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The old design kinda reminded me of a stack of ScotchBrite pads cut in circles.
I have cut open the old BP filters and the filter material looks like the stuff they make peg board with.

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4runner
M'kay. Really leaning toward a FS2500, installed with the Amsoil type items. I don't like where they want me to mount it on my truck... way down on the frame rail. Want it in the engine bay, with short(er) SST lines.
You can put the filter anywhere you run the hoses.

The BE-90 I cut apart (right before they changed to the EaBP series) looked like a stack of discs, each disc being approximately 1/2" thick...but the material looked and felt like compressed felt or wool.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: Toy4x4runner
You can put the filter anywhere you run the hoses.

Exactly, lots of guys mount them under hood...on the dodge, it mounts behind the front bumper typically.

There is nothing wrong mounting them on the frame as long as they don't hang down real far. I ran a EaBP-110 from the bed's cross-member for a long time without any problem. My GCF is also attached to the underside of the bed...being they get changed on longer intervals, you only end up under there once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back