Liquimoly Motor Oil Saver initial treatment question

Hey guys

I dumped 300ML into my LS1 this morning for a small rear main weep (notice a decrease in “dampness”) after just 170Km today of driving.

My question however is I added it this AM and did 170KM today. Now the car may sit for a week before weathers good again. Is it ok to sit for a bit between drives or should I try and do 6-800KM as soon as I can after adding to. Crankcase?

IMG_2045.jpeg

No problem at all letting it sit between drives, even for an extended period. It'll last as long as your oil change.

Bear in mind, however, whether or not it will be effective depends entirely on the seal material. Motor Oil Saver contains esters and it works great with something like nitrile, but might not be so effective with fluoroelastomers. Also, 300 ml is good enough for 5 liters of engine oil.

No problem at all letting it sit between drives, even for an extended period. It'll last as long as your oil change.

Bear in mind, however, whether or not it will be effective depends entirely on the seal material. Motor Oil Saver contains esters and it works great with something like nitrile, but might not be so effective with fluoroelastomers. Also, 300 ml is good enough for 5 liters of engine oil.
Awesome thanks.

I noticed already (I’ve been tracking it closely) a positive reduction since I added it. I will monitor and make a judgment on it once I hit around 1000km. Good to know I don’t have to try and drive it everyday, as it’s a weekend car and may sit week or so at a time.

My understanding of the motor oil saver product was it was to be used roughly every 20,000 miles. When I had called customer service it was explained to me that it was actually a product better used prophylactically but they didn't want it used more than 20,000 miles in between as there could be some seal swelling that was more than desired. I too had asked about it sitting in a crankcase and there was no concerns. For good measure I would probably get out and at least drive it 20 or 25 miles at operating temperature just to make sure that it gets mixed thoroughly.

Back