LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver frequency

Hey all,

I plan on running some LMOS with my Valvoline Maxlife (red bottle) in my 2002 Trans Am. Have a small RMS weep that I will see how maxlife does first, but if 1000mi goes by with less the desirable results, will add the LMOS. My question is, the car is used may 5000mi a year, then sits in a garage stored for winter with fresh oil. I've read 20,000mi between additions, i've read every other oil change.. so I am just asking.

My plan was to :
-Run Maxlife + LMOS this year
-Change oil and just use maxlife next year
-Change oil before storage and then add LMOS on the first drive out of storage

And repeat this to add the LMOS every other oil change.

Any thoughts on this, and the maxlife + LMOS combo?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: wlk
Hey all,

I plan on running some LMOS with my Valvoline Maxlife (red bottle) in my 2002 Trans Am. Have a small RMS weep that I will see how maxlife does first, but if 1000mi goes by with less the desirable results, will add the LMOS. My question is, the car is used may 5000mi a year, then sits in a garage stored for winter with fresh oil. I've read 20,000mi between additions, i've read every other oil change.. so I am just asking.

My plan was to :
-Run Maxlife + LMOS this year
-Change oil and just use maxlife next year
-Change oil before storage and then add LMOS on the first drive out of storage

And repeat this to add the LMOS every other oil change.

Any thoughts on this, and the maxlife + LMOS combo?

Thanks in advance!

I know their website can be difficult to navigate.

"

Application​

Contents (300 ml) is sufficient for 3–5 Liters (0.7 gal. to 1.1 gal.) motor oil. The product is self mixing and can be added at any time, sealing first takes effect after about 600-800 km (400-500 miles). The use of Motor Oil Saver every around 30.000 Km (20.000 miles) is recommended to guarantee a lasting effect.
"

So general thoughts are the increase in seal conditions within the maxlife, should be ok to add the LMOS to? I would be adding it to 5.5L of oil so it would be slightly underdosed anyway.
I don't see how it can hurt anything. Why not reach out LM and just ask?

An ester. Aka seal sweller
Will this work on RTV seals that are starting to go? I have a vehicle that had a timign chain completed years ago and it appears to be going. Not sure if it's RTV. This is on a 2001 Toyota Rav4.

The few times I've used oil stop leak (bars) i quit using it once the leak stop and the leak usually stayed stopped or the stop leak did nothing

Back