Liquid wax or paste wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meguires NXT liquid, easy application and removal along with just plain awesome results and longevity

ru talkin simply paste vs. liquid or ru talkin what brand?

I like liquid as it is easier to apply and remove. there is no indication that paste lasts longer. (according to the toaster testing people at a leading consumer magazine)

they rate Black Magic and Turtle Wax pretty high. I have always been a Meguires fan - but their standard polish wax does not last long. the gold product lasts longer but is harder to remove. I have not tried the NXT... but would like to try it. I use Mequires (boat products) on my boat.

I have been intrigued by Blackfire but have not tried it.

I am also a big fan of 3M products and use their glaze on my 1970 Cougar.

In true Bitog style, I cannot resist buying more polish/wax and probably have a lifetime supply in stock. it's a sickness.....

Last edited:
I use both, Turtle Wax Ice. I love the liquid though, nice and easy, thourough wash and wax in one hour! And it makes the black plastic on the G6 look great.
I would like to try NXT though, see if it lasts any longer than the Ice but it's so easy I don't really mind doing it. Really makes the Liquid Silver look nice too.

I was just curious. I have always used the paste kind in the can. I have been using Mothers for a while with pretty good results and I was just wondering if there was an advantage to the liquid kind.

I use NuFinish liquid... It gives a great shine and lasts a long time. My vehicle is garaged and I only polish it once a year each spring... Price-wise its very reasonable as well

Finished high in Consumer Reports.....
RedLine SI-1 Fuel Sys Cleaner / NuFinish

Right now, I am using Duragloss #105 as my sealant. It is extremely inexpensive, has little (or no) fillers and has incredible durability.

Next time, I am going to try Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

What are your goals? Beauty or Longevity?

Typically, pastes waxes are for beauty.

Liquid wax is often a sealant -- more durable.

This isn't always the case. Don't always believe what the bottle says. Example: Megs NXT Tech 2.0 Wax is a "sealant". Duragloss Polish(es) are "sealants".

I have used WG DPS and it is doing pretty good at 4.5 months. It far exceeds my needs for durability. I like liquids since they are usually easier to apply.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cchase
I always find that the paste wax last me longer on a cost basis.

Yep but then I do not think $1 per wax application is overly expensive (cost for a premium liquid per use).

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: cchase
I always find that the paste wax last me longer on a cost basis.

Yep but then I do not think $1 per wax application is overly expensive (cost for a premium liquid per use).

Fair enough but it does start to add up when you're waxing 7 or 8 vehicles on a regular basis.

Just don't forget there is a diff in wax and polish. Polish is a tad more abrasive, so, if your car has a good shine stick with wax, if not, then go with the polish or claybar if it's really bad. Also, any type bees wax will attract dust more than a wax that contains no bees wax.

Klasse Twins
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: john1782
Klasse Twins
thumbsup2.gif

This man is wise. Listen to his sage words.

Go Klasse or go home!

I think the poster was just asking in general if we prefer liquid or paste wax - not a particular brand.

Anyhow - I prefer liquids. Easier to use and with today's technology they last as long or better than paste. Back in the day paste was longer lasting, but today it doesn't matter so I choose liquids.

One big benefit of liquid products is a much larger selection to choose from. There are many great products that do not, or cannot, come in paste form. Pretty much all of the modern polymer sealants are in liquid form. Many paste waxes are offered in liquid form, as well.

Liquids can be applied by hand or machine, while pastes are best used by hand. Applying paste wax by machine is a hassle and inefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back