Originally Posted By: Tdbo
This could be the cat's meow:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4851036319.html

OP + Volvo = explosive combination

Hondas are any less explosive?

Inside joke. Nevermind.
smile.gif

I don't think he knows, QP. lol

FWIW: The wifal unit and I fully plan on adding either a 1999 or 2000 V70 XC, (the infamous Massachusetts one with the trans and the snow and the tire and other stuff I don't want to stir up.. with the large girlfriendal unit and full unsupportiveness and combativeness thereof, that both directly and indirectly led to trans DESTRUCTION, whine whine whine by ungrateful and elitist obese unit there, - being the cream exterior with beige leather interior, the 2000) - or the silver 1999 with piano black interior I gor FOR FREE that BITOG does not know about - to the stable.. along with the "sitting" 1993 Chevy S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT, the 1995 Honda Civic EX w engine from a 2000, given a workput by thieved, and the "jacked-up station wagon" you describe in the pic posts, QP.
smile.gif

*She is supportive of me too, btw. I got her truck to pass inspection. She had been rejected 3 times prior. It was the SES MIL that now has code P1401...

In other, Honda-related news: I am due to pick up that trunk lid and get it to Corozal when my check clears.

*should be today or tomorow that that happens.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The Volvo does include a trunk lid.

Simply trying to provide the OP a plethora of options and show that he can buy a vehicle with all its parts (whether or not they work is another issue) for same or less cost than rebuilding his Civic.

With one of his previous user names, he got a volvo stuck (that he refused to change the timing belt on) and spun it until it blew the tire and transmission.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The Volvo does include a trunk lid.

Simply trying to provide the OP a plethora of options and show that he can buy a vehicle with all its parts (whether or not they work is another issue) for same or less cost than rebuilding his Civic.

With one of his previous user names, he got a volvo stuck (that he refused to change the timing belt on) and spun it until it blew the tire and transmission.

I'm aware of that. Followed that saga with the same level of interest that most people had at the time.

The point is, one can tear anything up if 1) they defer vital maintenance or 2) work hard enough at it. Hondas are no different in that regard.

His fondness for the Volvo is why I linked the one I did.

Gotcha! I broke a motor mount on my Focus with the same foolishness , so I can't complain too much.

I don't have any vehicles with rubber band driven camshafts, luckily.

Quote:
His fondness for the Volvo is why I linked the one I did.

I thank you for that. If I had $900 I'd have scooped that! I know where that part of NJ is, too. (I actually owe my landlord, presently. Who wants in on that epic tale?)

And sedans are faster than wagons!

Point: My present wife is supportive of us getting another a Volvo that I so fondly remember.

And, IIRC: BITOG beat me senseless about the timing belt for the car, when I had much larger things going on. I never did catch a break for not doing that, or having it done. IRONICALLY: The one I got for free.. had a brand new one, wrenched on with documentation. But BITOG doesn't know about that silver 99 Volvo.
21.gif

I guess we know it all, huh...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Gotcha! I broke a motor mount on my Focus with the same foolishness , so I can't complain too much.

I don't have any vehicles with rubber band driven camshafts, luckily.

Timing chains rock. Ask my 4.3 "early Vortec!"

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
And, IIRC: BITOG beat me senseless about the timing belt for the car, when I had much larger things going on. I never did catch a break for not doing that, or having it done.

For a normal person, getting the TB replaced would have been a prudent and high priority thing to do on that car. Granted, we now know that you are not a normal person. Let's just leave it at that.

Whatever "larger things" you had going on are not an excuse for what you did to that poor car.

How is that unnerving?
They sold, what, over 150k of those cars in that one year?

You should feel more upset if you DON'T see one of those things in a given day.

You really do get more odd every week.

BC.

Considering that the majority were not coupes (I'd be amazed if the sedan:coupe ratio was less than 5:1), many of the coupes were ruined by "tuners", and many more (in Jersey) have rotted to powder...yeah, I can see it being an unusual sight. (I don't remember the last Civic coupe I saw in that bodystyle..I'd say it was a few months ago, minimum.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back