Let the water run as you're brushing your teeth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I let the water run as I'm brushing my teeth, I feel guilt and anxiety. Some may say: "Why not just turn the water off then?" Because I've got the hot and cold adjusted the way I want it and I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of dialing it in again. What about you guys; do you find yourself afflicted by this dilemma ?

Never understood that people DID run the water while brushing their teeth.

paste on brush, brush teeth, turn on tap and rinse.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Hot water is usually a better solvent than cold water!

Take a dish and soak it in cold soap and take another and soak it in hot soap....note difference!

What are you trying to dissolve ?

Originally Posted By: hatt
Why do you use hot water to brush your teeth?

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Why do you need hot water to brush your teeth?

I don't know. I find it more comfortable for some reason.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
You're in California and you have water to waste? Your water bill isn't high enough as it is?

I swear I heard that most homes in California don't pay a variable rate water bill for how much water is consumed AND water/sewage rates are lower in California than many other states.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Bud
Water off until rinse time.

Me too

yup

No. Waste of water, even if it's free.

As to why I seem to use hot water for everything: when brushing my right hand has the brush, as I'm right handed. That leaves the left to turn on the water. Same for washing my hands, right goes for soap, so left goes for water.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Never understood that people DID run the water while brushing their teeth.

paste on brush, brush teeth, turn on tap and rinse.

^This.

Most folks don't volunteer to show either their bad judgement or their inability to respond to the emotional cues that indicate same (Guilt feelings).

Just b/c something "Feels better" doesn't necessarily mean you should be doing it. You're wasteful, and that's not OK. I also bet you're paradoxically one of those guys who recommends longer OCI's and using the oil filter for 2 OCI's, right?

Quote:
When I let the water run as I'm brushing my teeth, I feel guilt and anxiety.....

Your guilt and anxiety are well founded. You're wasting water, period. No affirmation for wasting water to be found from this quarter.

Heed your guilt and anxiety, shut the water off while brushing.

I dunno, my well pumps water from one corner of the yard, and it all eventually gets dumped into another corner. No guilt here if I did run the water (bet I'll change my tune if my water pump ever gives out!).

Now if it went to a treatment plant it'd be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back