Labor Day Weekend Plans

Caught up on some sleep yesterday (I woke up at 7pm 😬), mowed the lawn today and taking maternity pictures with the wife and kids (god help me), might work on cutting up the fallen trees tomorrow. I ain’t doing a ****ed thing Monday.

Yard work today, plan on catching my cities minor league baseball game this evening, been informed we’re having dinner at my wife’s favorite Asian Fusion restaurant Sunday, moving old bedroom suite out and new bedroom suite in Monday, then wife goes back to work Tuesday…..and then I plan on sleeping in!

We just left to go on a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We are probably going to go see The Puckett Cabin. It’s a very cool cabin with a story. It’s at mile post 189.9 in Carroll County Virginia. We might stop by the Hillsville Flea Market again for Labor Day too as they have one on Memorial Day and Labor Day but the Labor Day one is huge. And I’m sure we will stop other places too. My sister posted the story of the Puckett Cabin on Facebook a few months ago which sparked my curiosity plus I love seeing old places. Virginia is a really beautiful state when you get on the back roads.

Was this post made possible by “in-flight” WiFi? Lol
Actually - no. Use of personal electronic devices on the flight deck is prohibited by FAR.

I’m at the gate waiting for an airplane.

But, I’ve used the inflight WiFi to post when riding in the back! 😎

Need to research and buy 2 washers and 2 dryers for my new home I'll be moving into soon. Just like my last home, my new home has 2 washer and drier hookups in the mud room. There is a 3rd washer and dryer hookup for the mother-in-law suit/apartment. The Speed Queen top loader and Maytag dryer from my last home is going in the mother-in-law-suit.

The Speed Queen is overrated and only good for being reliable. If you like washing 1 flat sheet and having it ravel and twist no matter what, a SQ top loader is for you.

Wife wants 1 dryer and maybe 1 drying cabinet instead of 2 traditional dryers
Our Maytag MCT series are 8 years old - support 4 people + dog breeding … Zero issues …
Sometimes we line dry a few things - In the EU the foldable drying racks are common …
(my apartment has a washer and no dryer) …

Finishing house painting, fake rock refinishing, replacing front deck, getting a new roof, getting solar.

Busy weekend...not much fun.

Lots of catchup!

Built about 80 feet of linear shelving in the garage. Organized a bunch of stuff in the garage(still a ton to go!). Got my lighting in place in the garage. Had to do some yard cleanup - I put piles of dirt from our fence in a part of the yard that just doesn't like to grow due to shade. Then spent some time welding up a friend's car trailer that needed some frame repairs.

Back