Kubota M5040. Should i change the oil?

Well I managed to rack up a whopping 12 hours on my 2010 Kubota M5040 tractor since it's last oil change in April 25, 2022. I used Rotella T4 oil and OEM filter. It is used for bush hogging, so no winter work. Should I change the oil this fall?

Is it stored indoors? It is likely fine, but I tend to change the oil yearly on machines that sit outside in the weather regardless of hours.

Well I managed to rack up a whopping 12 hours on my 2010 Kubota M5040 tractor since it's last oil change in April 25, 2022. I used Rotella T4 oil and OEM filter. It is used for bush hogging, so no winter work. Should I change the oil this fall?
I think it is a personal choice and several folks will tell you yes, and several more will tell you no. I think you should do what helps you sleep at night. Personally, I think I would leave it unless it shows signs of issues like cloudy from moisture or fuel etc... If money is not a concern, then change it.

Just my $0.02

The oil's fine with just a year. Remember seeing a several years tractor uoa and it came back great.

Absolutely not; total waste of lube. Don't change it.

Considering that it was used under full load for the 12 hours (or at least a large portion of it), there's likely no moisture in the oil.

I have run 3 to 4 years for my OCIs in my Kubotas, up to 150 hours. Never had an issue whatsoever and the UOAs showed good wear traits. When I cut the filters open, they were perfectly fine also.

With only 12 hours accrued, I would go another year on your oil. My old Ford is used for brush hogging too. I mow a five acre field twice a year. I change oil every three years and the bypass filter cartridge every 8-10 years. I have been doing that since the early 80's.

Back