Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a can (quart) of this to try. Im going to put it in a briggs pushmower engine that has been neglected for years. Its a smoker but you cant kill it. Going to try it in a GM 4.3 after that. I hope it works.

how are you going to dose it? 1.5-2 oz i guess would be all it takes in the 18oz of oil in the mower,any more than that and it may be a problem.

I'm going to give it a try in my E-150's fuel. I've been working at eliminating an annoying stumble and have made some real progress. I honestly think it is fuel related and I think Kreen might just deliver the KO blow.

Hey Frank,Yes it does seem to do a good job in the fuel system and is recommended by Kano for that use.
I need a real junker or a dying tranny to try it on a automatic tranny and PS.
Going into unknown territory there.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Hey Frank,Yes it does seem to do a good job in the fuel system and is recommended by Kano for that use.
I need a real junker or a dying tranny to try it on a automatic tranny and PS.
Going into unknown territory there.

LOL.....Paul it is that kind of experimentation that we can all benefit from. I'm still wrestling with adding it to my fuel just before an OCI, or now. I just changed my oil about 1000 miles ago and don't want to waste a fresh oil change by adding it to the gas. OTOH I don't want to wait until my next OC which is several months away. These decisions are soooooooooooo very tough! LOL I think I'm going to risk it all and just go for it. LOL

If you can run it in the oil then i'm sure it doesn't matter if a little gets in the oil via the fuel system.Same as running MMO in the gas it doesn't matter if some gets in the oil.
Sounds logical right?

how are you going to dose it? 1.5-2 oz i guess would be all it takes in the 18oz of oil in the mower,any more than that and it may be a problem.

I think the engine holds a pint of oil. Its just a ratio but I have not worked it out yet because im not sure how much oil the engine holds. Should be 1.5 ounce of kreem. This engine has been used and abused so it should be interesting.

I'm not sure, MMO is not as much of a solvent or as aggressive as Kreen, and that's what has me second guessing all of this. MMO is much milder and is designed to be used all the time in gas and oil if someone is inclined too do so. I might call them and ask.

The old B&S mower engine i have here takes 18oz so 1.5-2.0 oz should be fine.
Unless the thing has stuck rings i cant see much happening though it may do more good with a couple of oz in the fuel.

Couple of questions on Krano labs:-

1) Is there finite life on these type of solvents/cleaners ?
2) I have a very old can of Kroil. It still smells the same but I tried it on an old frying pan handle screw (don't ask!) It did nothing and when I tried to take the screw off, it just snapped.

- Vikas

In the pressure cans i wouldn't think so but in bulk packaging i would think there could be some evaporation of the solvent.
No idea what the time frame would be before the product begins to degrade. I suppose a there are a lot of variables like temperature,moisture etc.

Small diameter screws/bolts like the one you describe are usually low grade soft material and are easily broken when seized no matter what is used on them.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm not sure, MMO is not as much of a solvent or as aggressive as Kreen, and that's what has me second guessing all of this. MMO is much milder and is designed to be used all the time in gas and oil if someone is inclined too do so. I might call them and ask.

I am VERY interested in your LG/Edge combo. Don't ruin it just yet!
grin2.gif

Small diameter screws/bolts like the one you describe are usually low grade soft material and are easily broken when seized no matter what is used on them.

How can that be? They were washed in the dishwasher every day for years. They should be sparkling clean inside :)

All kidding aside, what you said makes sense. I do have brand new, just shipped cans of Kroil (I took advantage of their offer) and was wondering if I should try that but now I will not bother. It will also save me getting scolded by the better half.

- Vikas

Unless the thing has stuck rings i cant see much happening though it may do more good with a couple of oz in the fuel.

Trav, how would Kreen do as a Piston Soak in a small lawn mower engine, I was thinking of taking off the spark plug and pouring in a teaspoon of the Kreen and then pull the cord a few times.

I have done this with MMO, just thinking Kreen might give some better results in cleaning things up in the Combustion Chamber.

Quote:
They were washed in the dishwasher every day for years. They should be sparkling clean inside :)

lol.gif
yep you would think so.
Don't go removing the handles from the wife's pans any more Vikas she might stop cooking altogether.

PontiacFan
Good question i have no answer.Try it,it sounds like a little experiment to me.
I know Kroil does a good job on the snowblower piston when it sits for 8 months,shiny and clean like new.
Okay i will put Kreen in the snowblower this year :)

Originally Posted By: PontiacFan

Trav, how would Kreen do as a Piston Soak in a small lawn mower engine, I was thinking of taking off the spark plug and pouring in a teaspoon of the Kreen and then pull the cord a few times.

I have done this with MMO, just thinking Kreen might give some better results in cleaning things up in the Combustion Chamber.

I bet it would work fine PFan. I'd suggest using more than a teaspoon, a tablespoon would be better. Let sit, pull the cord and do it again a few times over a 24 hour period. Fire it up, warm it up and change the oil. Just make sure the cylinder isn't full of Kreen when you put the plug in and fire it up.

I use MMO as a fogging oil for my snow blower, and once the engine cools I put some in the cylinder pull the cord a few times and it sits that way till spring. The piston top is always clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back