Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the longest that anybody has gone on the same oil after putting in the Kreen? I understand that 1K miles is recommended.

We ran it for over a thousand miles, I see no problem in a late model car with running it to the next OCI as long as you remember to top her off as the Kreen will thin the oil a bit and evaporate quickly.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Astro14
What...Kreen?
http://www.kanolabs.com/engCle.html
order direct...

I think his problem is getting it shipped to CA. It might be time for him to call a friend and ask for a favor??

Kanolabs' Terms of Sale Agreement:
"In California, this product cannot be sold to an individual consumer."

>"In California, this product cannot be sold to an individual consumer."

Isn't Dave the owner of "Dave's Garage & Lube Shop, Inc" ? :)

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
>"In California, this product cannot be sold to an individual consumer."

Isn't Dave the owner of "Dave's Garage & Lube Shop, Inc" ? :)

- Vikas
AHHH, yeah, i forgot i owned a business!!! Thanks!!

I'm getting some for the Civic. w00t!
banana2.gif

I think....if not mistaken....that some folks have run Kreen when they first get their oil changed..... and then add more after 1K when the Kreen has evaporated for the next 1K miles for up to 3K miles.....then do an OCI. Early in this thread there were some posts that stated that 2 treatments during an OCI of 3K miles was done. That is the longest that I've read on the MB.

Trav or Dermapaint will correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
We ran it for over a thousand miles, I see no problem in a late model car with running it to the next OCI as long as you remember to top her off as the Kreen will thin the oil a bit and evaporate quickly.

My stock is low on everything. I plan on ordering 4 quarts this time. I also need oil and filters. I am dangerously low on everything. Kreen seems to be good stuff. I have not been able to test it like some of you but I am sold that it is good and wont hurt a thing. I am usually a skeptic of such product.

I plan on using it with PYB or mobile super 5000 in a gm 4.3 that has been neglected. I was never able to report back about my wore out 3.5 briggs but I put a dab in the oil and it stopped smoking and then the carb went out. I would not have believed it if I didnt see it myself. This engine was made in 1976 and is flat wore out. I still dont have it fixed but plan on fixing it this spring. I will report back.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
I think....if not mistaken....that some folks have run Kreen when they first get their oil changed..... and then add more after 1K when the Kreen has evaporated for the next 1K miles for up to 3K miles.....then do an OCI. Early in this thread there were some posts that stated that 2 treatments during an OCI of 3K miles was done. That is the longest that I've read on the MB.

Trav or Dermapaint will correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

It can be used that way. IIRC they state to do so, I don't have any in front of me though. They suggest adding a pint to start, then top up with Kreen as it flashes off not to exceed 1 qt during the OCI. Trav and I were just talking about this yesterday. Just be sure the sump is at least 5-7 qts. Increase or decrease the ratio of Kreen to oil based on that.

If it wasn't 3:20 in the morning I'd go out to the garage and grab a can and read it for sure. I'm pretty sure the info above is pretty accurate. Three ounces of Kreen per qt of oil is a good start. You can top up as needed not exceeding a qt during the interval. If that frightens anyone, use 3 ounces/qt of oil for 1000 miles, or a pint in a 5-7 qt sump. Alternate plan for the hesitant: If you plan on running it for a full OCI you can always mix Kreen 50/50 with your top up oil, after the pint has been added. Don't exceed a qt of Kreen per OCI. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Russell
Just received two quarts of Kreen today. I treated my BMW about 10,000 miles ago (fuel and oil). Going to do it again on my bmw and my wife's explorer as well. Seems to be great stuff.

I plan to use about 16 oz in my bmw 6 quart oil pan and about 8 oz in a 17 gallon gas tank. I will run the oil about 1,000 miles.

Seem about correct?

Bingo! You've got it! Good luck, please post results.

Put 16 oz in my 5 quart explorer sump. Will put some in the fuel on next fill-up

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Ordered to "Dave's Autotune" !!!! lOL
!@# They called me to verify if i was a shop or not.No sale!!

Reminds me of a Seinfeld Episode. Next time answer the phone Dave's Enterprises. LOL What a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back