Kreen Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MeaMurano
Hey People I got some REAL stuff here:
Completed 2700 Kms on my last Kreen (yes, way over 1000 miles) Thought of adding my second dose to this oil round. This is my fourth treatment begenning today on my third OCI.
DAY 1:
4661IMG_3040.jpg

PRESENT DAY (just as I was done adding the Kreen):
brese.jpg

NICE REPORT!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
We drove the 94 5.7 Suburban last night and took it on a 60 mile run. It is running really smooth for a 294K mile vehicle. We also added another 18 gallons of gas to the 35 gl tank which filled it and add another 16 oz of kreen. The gas that was in the tank had been dosed with Kreen at 16 oz of Kreen to 18 gallons of gas. We will see if it cleans up the carbon in the head. Goooo Kreen.

Can you post pictures at all?
grin2.gif

Kreen splash cleansing FTW!!!

does any one have a preference of oil filters when using kreen? Also a diy on a kreen piston soak thanks!

Last edited:
^ oversize filters
smile.gif
piston soak, remove spark plugs, soak it as long as you can. crank engine, reinstall spark plugs. you are done.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
We drove the 94 5.7 Suburban last night and took it on a 60 mile run. It is running really smooth for a 294K mile vehicle. We also added another 18 gallons of gas to the 35 gl tank which filled it and add another 16 oz of kreen. The gas that was in the tank had been dosed with Kreen at 16 oz of Kreen to 18 gallons of gas. We will see if it cleans up the carbon in the head. Goooo Kreen.

Can you post pictures at all?
grin2.gif

Kreen splash cleansing FTW!!!

No photos but you can tell the Kreen is doing something good...

Originally Posted By: silver1
does any one have a preference of oil filters when using kreen? Also a diy on a kreen piston soak thanks!

I am using Purolator classics on the burb and to be safe, we are going to change them out every 1K...

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
^ oversize filters
smile.gif
piston soak, remove spark plugs, soak it as long as you can. crank engine, reinstall spark plugs. you are done.

I have not done a piston soak but it may be the next step. We have Kreen in the gas but are waiting to see if we get any good cleaning results. When we removed the old spark plugs on the drivers side, the plugs had a lot of what looked like loose powered black carbon on them(you could blow some of it off the plugs). It looked like black graphite powder. Maybe we should have done the piston soak first?

We are going to run the current fuel way down, then refill and I will then remove a few plugs and see what they look like...

Piston soak should be last resort.

Kreen in the oil should solve most issues that are sludge, coke, or carbon related. Our oldest engine which at 400k miles was quite noisy at startup, was quieted down dramatically by Kreen. Another truck had its oil consumption virtually eliminated at 250k miles by Kreen.

But we use it in the gas and the oil at the same time.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Piston soak should be last resort.

Kreen in the oil should solve most issues that are sludge, coke, or carbon related. Our oldest engine which at 400k miles was quite noisy at startup, was quieted down dramatically by Kreen. Another truck had its oil consumption virtually eliminated at 250k miles by Kreen.

But we use it in the gas and the oil at the same time.

We have it in both the oil and gas... It does start right up and seems to idle very smooth. I am hoping the carbon in the head cleans up by using the Kreen in the gas. How long would you keep putting Kreen in the gas?

Last edited:

We have it in both the oil and gas... It does start right up and seems to idle very smooth. I am hoping the carbon in the head cleans up by using the Kreen in the gas. How long would you keep putting Kreen in the gas?

In a conversation I had with a guy from Kano two tanks should do it if things are really fouled up, otherwise one tank a year should be good for most engines. He did say if you planned on using it twice run it in a tankful, next fill up don't use any, and then the next fill up do the treatment again. HTH

Going to run kreen on my 98 Ford Explorer. both oil and gas.

Any recomendations for dosage? Explorer has 146,000 miles. Oil/filter changes with conventional oil or blend about every 4,000 miles.

Note that it was partially torn down to replace all timing chains and gears. Did not look sludged.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

In a conversation I had with a guy from Kano two tanks should do it if things are really fouled up, otherwise one tank a year should be good for most engines. He did say if you planned on using it twice run it in a tankful, next fill up don't use any, and then the next fill up do the treatment again. HTH

Sounds good. Hopefully the 16 oz per 18-20 gallons of gas is the right amount of Kreen... I did tell him to get on the throttle once in a while and push the rpm's. Got to blow that junk out. LOL... Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
We ran it one full tank with such dramatic results we did not repeat it...yet.

Hopefully one full tank(35 gallons) is all it takes. The Burb has 294K miles and the fuel system was somewhat neglected. Thanks.

Ordered kreen for my 2000 corolla should be in 1st of the week. Ive been topping off with rotella 15w40 trying to slow the oil consumption which seems to be about 1 qt every 400 miles . My question is should I use a thin oil with kreen or does it matter?there's about 1k on the last oil change but at the rate it uses it really doesn't matter .Also does anyone have the # for a high capacity filter for a 2000 corolla thanks.

Ordered kreen for my 2000 corolla should be in 1st of the week. Ive been topping off with rotella 15w40 trying to slow the oil consumption which seems to be about 1 qt every 400 miles . My question is should I use a thin oil with kreen or does it matter?there's about 1k on the last oil change but at the rate it uses it really doesn't matter .Also does anyone have the # for a high capacity filter for a 2000 corolla thanks.

15W-40 is thick for the winter especially for cold starts, a 0W or 5W 30 or 40 would have been a better choice.

Not to change the topic too much but, sometimes if rings are the issue thinner oil can actually slow consumption. Shell did a study which proved it, please note "if rings are the problem" bad guides and/or seals need thicker oil.

Back OT, top up with a thinner oil, and add Kreen for the last 1000 miles of the OCI. Watch the oil level once you add the Kreen, it flashes off pretty fast. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

15W-40 is thick for the winter especially for cold starts, a 0W or 5W 30 or 40 would have been a better choice.

Not to change the topic too much but, sometimes if rings are the issue thinner oil can actually slow consumption. Shell did a study which proved it, please note "if rings are the problem" bad guides and/or seals need thicker oil.

Back OT, top up with a thinner oil, and add Kreen for the last 1000 miles of the OCI. Watch the oil level once you add the Kreen, it flashes off pretty fast. JMO
I found out after I bought this toyota that the 98-02 corollas have a problem with the oil return holes, they are to small and if you follow toyotas 7500mile OCI with dino oil they will clog Iam hoping the kreen can help. btw my compression in all 4 cyls is close to 200 thanks

Also does anyone have the # for a high capacity filter for a 2000 corolla thanks.

For my T4R I use a high capacity, over-sized filter. The easy way to remember the size you will need for all of filters is the size that fits the 2001 Ford Windstar.

This filter is longer than the "little tea cup" that Toyota had specified for their vehicles and it adds about an extra 1/2 quart of oil to your OCI. If you have the room....try that one for size.
I'm running a M 1, 2009 and have used the oversize in Bosch D+, K&N, Purolator Classic, P1, Wix and NAPA Gold. Same thread size, gasket size and PSI for the oil pressure as the same filter listed by Toyota but longer and more filtering media than the little Tea Cup.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back