Kimi Räikkönen returns to Scuderia Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great!

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/back-kimi

nulw.jpg

I was hoping that Nico Hulkenberg would get the drive in a top team, but I understand Ferrari's position - they can take pretty much who they want whenever they want so no need to take the risk of Nico developing or not. Hopefully, Nico will go to Lotus.

Originally Posted By: Garak
So, does anyone here think that Kimi will willingly drag Alonso around the track like Massa did?
wink.gif

Somehow I doubt that.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
So Hulkenberg goes to Webber's vacant seat at Red Bull?

No, Daniel Ricciardo from Torro Rosso is filling that void.

Last edited:
There is a one liner out there referring to Alonso's outburst on his birthday this summer when he was asked what he would like to get as a present.

"Alonso asked for a Red Bull car. Montezemolo gave him Räikkönen."

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
So Hulkenberg goes to Webber's vacant seat at Red Bull?

No, Daniel Ricciardo from Torro Rosso is filling that void.

Oops. You're right. I forgot I heard that on the F1 broadcast from Italy on Sunday.

Kimi may actually help develop the car a bit more than Massa ever did. The Ferrari is just slower than the RB at this point. The coming new Turbo V6 formula may shake things up a bit.

I really thought they were going to take Hulk'. My thought process for Ferrari was as follows, 'This guy's getting faster and doing it with a Ferrari engine, now if only we get him into the works chassis, we'll really develop him up in a year or two, just about the time Alonso will be retiring.'
I see some fierce competition coming between Kimi and Alonso next year. Hopefully they keep it civil and constructive for the team.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Kimi may actually help develop the car a bit more than Massa ever did. The Ferrari is just slower than the RB at this point. The coming new Turbo V6 formula may shake things up a bit.

When Schumacker and Kimi were at Ferrari it was said that Schumacker could walk down pit lane and understand what he saw but the same could not be said of Kimi .

Originally Posted By: bruno
When Schumacker and Kimi were at Ferrari it was said that Schumacker could walk down pit lane and understand what he saw but the same could not be said of Kimi .

This "urban legend" has been shot down by so many technical people that it really is not even funny anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Finn
Originally Posted By: bruno

This "urban legend" has been shot down by so many technical people that it really is not even funny anymore.

I don't even understand that comment, it makes no obvious sense.

schumacher never drove with kimi, no way kimi would sign a contract like MS demanded (cannot pass me if i have more championship points than you, under any circumstances, maybe even during the first race of the season).

It's either a stroke of genius or the worst disaster in the history of la scuderia. can you name the last time there were two world champions at ferrari?

Being an Alonso man, i have no doubt it will up both their games and be absolutely fascinating. The last time Fred was with a fast teammate was McLaren and Hamilton. i think he will be more mature this time and Kimi is more mature than Hamilton was as well.

i remember a video i saw of Alonso on youtube being interviewed in spanish by a boy who won a contest. He said his closest friends in F1 were: Raikonnen, Grosjean, and Webber

So at least they begin their relationship on friendly terms...

It's amazing that it happened. It hasn't been since Prost and Mansel that Ferrari had two top tier drivers. Kimi is only the second Ferrari driver that has ever left the team and returned as well. I predict it will end in a Ferrari 1-2 for the championship next year, either one of these guys can take a piece of [censored] car and win with it. The most talented drivers in the field.

I'll still like Alonso more than Kimi, Fernando can take a car that is truly off the pace, and move to the front. He knows how to conserve his tires, drive in the rain, and knows how to get to the front on starts. Plus he seems like one of the nicest drivers in F1. But would not like to be on his bad side.

IMO the biggest problem at Ferrari is they don't have the top engineers anymore, and they went with that new fangled suspension, which no team has had luck with.

Originally Posted By: rodinator1234
I predict it will end in a Ferrari 1-2 for the championship next year, either one of these guys can take a piece of [censored] car and win with it. .

If that's the case, why hasn't Alonso done more? Where are his titles with Ferrari?
I don't see this ending well for Alonso. Kimi just wants to race. Alonso wants to be treated well, He needs the attention. If Kimi and Alonso have to race each other, it's going to be great fun!

Kimi and Fernando are the two best drivers in the field for taking a 5th or 6th place car and driving it to the front. This seems to be the only way Ferrari has been able to win the past couple of seasons. I won't even try to guess which one will be faster when they're on the same team. I remember how Fernando acted when Lewis Hamilton started to challenge him at McLaren, and it wasn't pretty. Kimi won't put up with that kind of garbage.

i think it will be tense from Day 1, the challenge of both their lifetimes. maybe ALonso out-quali him the first three races then Kimi starts pulling ahead half the time. whoever out-qualis more will prob have more points at the end as well, generally unless they have incidents.

The pressure has also been doubled on the factory. Without a car to truly challenge Red Bull, the drivers frustrations will be turned inward on each other even more. They need to give $60+ million of driver salary the best car possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back