Kia EV6

Keep in mind every car that Ws6 owns is the best car ever...until the next one! Nothing wrong with REALLY liking your ride. (y)
Why would I downgrade? Why would I not buy best in class?

The CX5 is the best in class near luxury compact SUV.
The Acura RDX is best in class sport/luxury CUV that won't kill you on PM (BMW and MB are absurd. You spend thousands per year JUST on PM.)
The RAV4 Prime is the best in class hybrid.
The EV6 GT is best in class EV/SUV(wagon) when it comes to performance under $75K.

Would you like to argue any of those decisions?

Why would I downgrade? Why would I not buy best in class?

The CX5 is the best in class near luxury compact SUV.
The Acura RDX is best in class sport/luxury CUV that won't kill you on PM (BMW and MB are absurd. You spend thousands per year JUST on PM.)
The RAV4 Prime is the best in class hybrid.
The EV6 GT is best in class EV/SUV(wagon) when it comes to performance under $75K.

Would you like to argue any of those decisions?

I think I would pony up a little more cash for the Genesis GV70 over the CX5...

Reactions: Ws6
How does it drive? Is it nimble? Is there much road noise? Typically, how far do you go on a charge?

Overall I am pretty happy with it. I have AutoX'd it one time...and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

It drives like a slightly smaller and lighter car. I have owned Miata's, Fiat 500 Abarth's, and A3's...and it is NOT a small car, but it drives smaller and lighter than it is. I think the effortless acceleration helps here.

The stock tires SUCK! They tram like crazy, and follow the crown of the road. I have since replaced them, and find general straight tracking, ride quality, and cabin noise MUCH BETTER.

When I AutoX'd it (stock tires)...the weight became very apparent. In day to day spirited driving, it does really, really well...but when pushed in the tight confines of an AutoX track, it becomes extremely apparent just how heavy it is. It punished the fronts tires, and pushed hard into corners. Even with all stability and nannies turned off, it was still tough to get any sort of oversteer (MUCH unlike my C5). Acceleration and braking were AMAZING.

Day to day, it is a FUN car! I enjoy roasting anybody I care to with even half throttle. It is quiet, and drives really nice...even my bride loves to drive it...and I have to say I think this is the first car that was "mine" that she actually enjoyed driving. She drives in normal mode...it is a bit stiff when compared to a normal 4 door CUV, and throttle and brakes are responsive, but not crazy. I drive in sports mode which stiffens it a bit more, and increases responsiveness. GT mode is a ton of fun, but cruise does not work in that mode :-( otherwise I would drive in GT all the time.

I easily get the 200+ miles out of a charge. I normally only charge it to 80% to prolong battery life, and usually charge it when down to 20%. I have taken a few road trips that require stops, and the quick charging time is appreciated when you can find the right charger.

Overall I am pretty happy with it. I have AutoX'd it one time...and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

It drives like a slightly smaller and lighter car. I have owned Miata's, Fiat 500 Abarth's, and A3's...and it is NOT a small car, but it drives smaller and lighter than it is. I think the effortless acceleration helps here.

The stock tires SUCK! They tram like crazy, and follow the crown of the road. I have since replaced them, and find general straight tracking, ride quality, and cabin noise MUCH BETTER.

When I AutoX'd it (stock tires)...the weight became very apparent. In day to day spirited driving, it does really, really well...but when pushed in the tight confines of an AutoX track, it becomes extremely apparent just how heavy it is. It punished the fronts tires, and pushed hard into corners. Even with all stability and nannies turned off, it was still tough to get any sort of oversteer (MUCH unlike my C5). Acceleration and braking were AMAZING.

Day to day, it is a FUN car! I enjoy roasting anybody I care to with even half throttle. It is quiet, and drives really nice...even my bride loves to drive it...and I have to say I think this is the first car that was "mine" that she actually enjoyed driving. She drives in normal mode...it is a bit stiff when compared to a normal 4 door CUV, and throttle and brakes are responsive, but not crazy. I drive in sports mode which stiffens it a bit more, and increases responsiveness. GT mode is a ton of fun, but cruise does not work in that mode :-( otherwise I would drive in GT all the time.

I easily get the 200+ miles out of a charge. I normally only charge it to 80% to prolong battery life, and usually charge it when down to 20%. I have taken a few road trips that require stops, and the quick charging time is appreciated when you can find the right charger.
Thanks for the info. There's one of these cars parked near my house and I've checked it out several time.

You can set up MY identical to GT and use CC.

I see that Hyundai, Kia and Genesis have agreed to join many other EV makers and adopt the NACS type charger connector that Tesla pioneered. This standardization is a good thing for consumers.

Reactions: Ws6
What is MY?
MY Drive mode. Illuminates as "MY" and ambient is a dark purple. It allows you to tune steering, power output, traction settings, suspension settings, diff responsiveness, all independent of one another. You can use cruise control in MY mode, and you cam effectively mirror GT mode with the settings available. Or GT mode with traction control. And maybe Sport or Normal suspension stiffness. Whatever makes you happy, you can do.

MY Drive mode. Illuminates as "MY" and ambient is a dark purple. It allows you to tune steering, power output, traction settings, suspension settings, diff responsiveness, all independent of one another. You can use cruise control in MY mode, and you cam effectively mirror GT mode with the settings available. Or GT mode with traction control. And maybe Sport or Normal suspension stiffness. Whatever makes you happy, you can do.

If you are talking about the configurable mode (two pushes of GT button), my CC does not work in that mode either.

20231006_181945.jpg

Thats very odd. Mine does. Or maybe Im remembering wrong. Ill check.

I figured it out...you have to make sure you have stability control set to "normal" (or traction control or whatever they call it). If you set that one to sport, it won't allow CC. Thanks!

What screen showing consumption do you have up on the center display? I don't think I have seen that one before.

Back