Kerosene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes rockydee, I am not getting involved in this nonsense. All of this has been argued here again and again. Anybody can do a little research here and find lots of information.

Attacking MMO here at this website achieves nothing. The people who do not believe in it will not use it. The people who do believe in MMO will continue to use it. These attacks over and over again are a total waste of time, unless the real purpose of the attacks is to attack people here who believe in MMO.

If somebody truly believes that MMO is a fraud product, they should contact the company that makes MMO. I believe that company is Turtle Wax. Otherwise, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

And I would like to see that VOA that proves MMO is just kerosene also. It should not take too long. Somebody can buy some kerosene and a bottle of MMO and obtain VOAs for both. I want to see the VOAs also.

Last edited:
That distillation apparatus is pretty resourceful, but it seems like a lot of trouble when one can simply purchase camping fuel (Coleman and generic) for less than $10/gallon. It's mainly naptha. I have used it as a general purpose solvent and parts cleaner since the 80's.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Like I said, I am not getting involved in all of this endless nonsense. MMO pro and con has been argued again and again at this website.

I want to see the VOAs. Period. Now if you want to continue to argue about MMO, you can do it without me. I will continue to use it in my fuel.

Where have you been? This was posted in July.
grin2.gif

MMO Analysis

Quote:
BTW, the paraffinic hydrocarbons were C11-C14, n-alkanes, normally denoted as "dearomatized kerosene."

The OP asked for a readily available source of "Red" Kerosene.
blush.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Like I said, I am not getting involved in all of this endless nonsense. MMO pro and con has been argued again and again at this website.

I want to see the VOAs. Period. Now if you want to continue to argue about MMO, you can do it without me. I will continue to use it in my fuel.

Where have you been? This was posted in July.
grin2.gif

MMO Analysis

The OP asked for a readily available source of "Red" Kerosene.
blush.gif

I saw that analysis. I saw another one posted by someone else too, that was a little more detailed I think. Do you have one for kerosene? Then I can do a side by side for my own curiosity? It seems every time marvel oil is mentioned here people get all worked up, why? It sure works good for me. Lots of other people on this site too.-RD

Quote:
Do you have one for kerosene?

Quote:
BTW, the paraffinic hydrocarbons were C11-C14, n-alkanes, normally denoted as "dearomatized kerosene."

Quote:
I saw another one posted by someone else too, that was a little more detailed I think.

Yes I saw that one too and it was full of errors.

Quote:
I saw another one posted by someone else too, that was a little more detailed I think.

I wish I could find the [censored] thing. It showed more ingredients than yours including what gives it the smell. I'd love to put them side by side too, the search engine here stinks though. I don't have the time to try and fool with it.-RD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rockydee
Quote:

I wish I could find the [censored] thing. It showed more ingredients than yours including what gives it the smell. I'd love to put them side by side too, the search engine here stinks though. I don't have the time to try and fool with it.-RD

That list, of unknown origin, claims that the smell is from oil of wintergreen. Which is an ester. And ester is expensive.

And the smell doesn't mean very much. Cyanide smells like burnt almonds. Doesn't have almonds in it

Quote:

It showed more ingredients than yours including what gives it the smell. I'd love to put them side by side too, the search engine here stinks though. I don't have the time to try and fool with it.-RD

Feel free to put them side by side but the "smell" is deodorized kerosene.

Some of the ingredients were an unsubstantiated "wish-list."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: aa1986
So $16 per gallon MMO is mainly $3 per gallon kerosene?

The owners should call it "Money Making Oil".

I'm finding gallons of kerosene for $12 and $8 if you buy five.

Where do you get this $3 gallon kerosene from?

MolaKule, kerosene is red so maybe mmo doesn't even have to add dye.

Kerosene coming out of the refinery stream is water clear. You have to add dye to make it red.

Last edited:
Mola, an MSDS says 70%-80% Naphthanic Hydrocarbons.

Is that the same as Paraffinic Hydrocarbons?

Hi aa, this link might help:

Para Verses Naph

Thanks. I see the difference now.

Maybe I wasnt clear though.

The MMO MSDS says it has 70%-80% naphthanic hydrocarbon not paraffinic as your analysis stated.

Quote:

It showed more ingredients than yours including what gives it the smell. I'd love to put them side by side too, the search engine here stinks though. I don't have the time to try and fool with it.-RD

Feel free to put them side by side but the "smell" is deodorized kerosene.

Some of the ingredients were an unsubstantiated "wish-list."

If i could find the list I'd out them side by side. From the looks of it no one here is going to help.-RD

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Quote:

That list, of unknown origin, claims that the smell is from oil of wintergreen. Which is an ester. And ester is expensive.

And the smell doesn't mean very much. Cyanide smells like burnt almonds. Doesn't have almonds in it

Hey you're right about the smell. If i was going to drink it i'd be worried. Some of what i've gleaned from all of this is the winter green oil is there for more than a nice scent, and its not cheap. I also gleaned these threads typically end in a circle jerk, or a lock. Not all of the usual players are in though. A holiday slowdown?-RD

So you ask for a VOA, he gives you a VOA he oversaw in a lab, and now you want to compare it to a discredited list of ingredients?

And the purpose of doing this is?

So you ask for a VOA, he gives you a VOA he oversaw in a lab, and now you want to compare it to a list of ingredients put out on the internet from an unreliable source?

To what end?

Yea I wanted to see them side by side for my own curiosity. Then I can determine if the phantom voa is in fact a voa and compare them, for myself not from the pov of people who clearly dislike the product. That makes it tough for anyone who wants to get an unbiased opinion of Marvel oil. What's the problem with that? You never compared anything side by side, or do you always take the word of people you don't know on a message board? Judging from your posts you analyze for yourself, dissect, question, and make your own mind up. Well that's what I do too.-RD

Thank you for your straightforward answer.

You may have seen in this thread that I checked the MMO MSDS and have a question to Molakule about a difference to his VOA.

So yes I compare information.

However, for the list of ingredients to be useful, we need the original date and definitive and reliable source for it.

I've seen the list but nothing to prove its veracity.

Hey no problem aa!

I noticed your comments to Mr. Molakule about the msds that also had me wondering about accuracy. I would sure as [censored] hope Marvel Oil's msds is somewhat accurate.

As far as the list/voa, whatever you want to call it you could be right. I just want to find the [censored] thread and read the stinking list. That's all. Have you ever used Marvel oil?-RD

Here's the list of ingredients posted in 2010 but apparently was posted before then as well:

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I borrowed this from another thread, I've pasted this into a few threads before HTH. I would follow the suggested OCI for a vehicle and not run MMO if you plan on extending an OCI beyond what the mfg suggests.

70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)
- It is a Naphthenic Oil, so while it oxidizes faster than a Paraffinic oil, it does clean and dissolve sludge and carbon well and cleans up after itself from any oxidation. serves as base oil as well. [Naphthenic oils have more solvency and are more polar (they are attracted to metal more), but oxidize faster.

29% Mineral Spirits
- Cleans Varnish very well. General cleaner. Also acts as an antioxidant.

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent
- Not just for the cent, is also a cleaner. may aid lubricity.

Red Dye - for the color
- well this one just colors the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back