Kendall oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestone used to put it in my cars when I went to them several years back. Never had a problem with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doublebase
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I like the oil , I just can't seem to ever find it on sale or in stock anywhere .

You can get it online, but after shipping charges it's not worth it.

Not so fast.

http://www.amazon.com/Kendall-Synthetic-0w-20-Liquid-Titanium/dp/B00GDFJ1X8

~$66 for 12 quarts or just over $5.50/qt. Not too far off the 5 quart jugs of M1/PP at Walmart.

Satisfied Kendall user here.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
I like the oil , I just can't seem to ever find it on sale or in stock anywhere .

Not so fast.

~$66 for 12 quarts or just over $5.50/qt. Not too far off the 5 quart jugs of M1/PP at Walmart.

This is a good deal now, but its Amazon.. How long with this price be good for?

Depending on the region, does WM sell Kendall? Its likely to get pretty $$$ if you have to always buy it at parts stores.

IMO, you'd be better off getting Motorcraft oil, which is made by the same company.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: thunderfog

Not so fast.

This is a good deal now, but its Amazon.. How long with this price be good for?

Depending on the region, does WM sell Kendall? Its likely to get pretty $$$ if you have to always buy it at parts stores.

IMO, you'd be better off getting Motorcraft oil, which is made by the same company.

I've been buying it from this place at this price for about a year. So 2 purchases for me (I drive about 30k miles per year.)

Seems like a good deal then.
smile.gif

Petroleum Service Company has their own website and many of the Kendall users here get it there. Might be cheaper on their site than Amazon, dunno.

Pretty much in the same boat here, I'd be very interested in Kendall if it was more common. I have seen it at a few Phillips 66 gas stations for a staggering 6 bucks a quart. A Pilot truck stop a couple hours from here seems to have it every time I go through for $3.99 a quart. All blend, never seen the full syn in the flesh.

Originally Posted By: 285south
Like Father like Son. Drop your thoughts on Castrol now. And. Become a Kendall to pass the word on to others with proof of before and after pix with your 6.2 Ford. I and many others would love to see them.

(Not in any order)

Since its pretty much: Mobil, Pennz, Valvoline, Castrol.

Then: Quacker State, Super Tech, Redline, Shell, Kendall, Amsoil, Schaeffer, Havoline, Peak, Royal Purple, Liqui Moly

What are you trying to say here?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Petroleum Service Company has their own website and many of the Kendall users here get it there. Might be cheaper on their site than Amazon, dunno.

Pretty much in the same boat here, I'd be very interested in Kendall if it was more common. I have seen it at a few Phillips 66 gas stations for a staggering 6 bucks a quart. A Pilot truck stop a couple hours from here seems to have it every time I go through for $3.99 a quart. All blend, never seen the full syn in the flesh.

pulled up Petroleum Service Company website, and, for full syn 5w20 at least, it's $47.48 for a case of 12 qts($3.96/qt), plus $15.20 to ship(UPS Ground), total $62.68($5.22/qt)

amazon - $7.49/qt plus Shipping, or $50.10 for a case of 12 Prime eligible.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

pulled up Petroleum Service Company website, and, for full syn 5w20 at least, it's $47.48 for a case of 12 qts($3.96/qt), plus $15.20 to ship(UPS Ground), total $62.68($5.22/qt)

amazon - $7.49/qt plus Shipping, or $50.10 for a case of 12 Prime eligible.

If I remember correctly, the best shipping price from PSC is if you buy two cases. Check it out, it'll lower the per-quart price a little more.

An even better price can be had if you have a Kendall distributor in your area. You can look up distributor locations on the Kendall website. There's one near me and they sell Kendal GT-1 full synthetic for $4 a quart, so it's $48 plus tax per case. That'a a good price on a great oil. Granted you can get better prices on M1 and PP if you wait for a rebate, but at regular prices I'll take the $4 a quart Kendall synthetic every time.

For seven years I've used Kendall and its cousins 76 Super and Conoco and can vouch for all three. Depending on where you live or travel, Kendall can be hard to find. Autozone recently dropped it.

I'm fortunate to be able to buy Kendall synthetic for $4.10 a quart in Florida. It's a no brainer at that price.

Originally Posted By: Fordbossguy
Yeah, I think I'm going to start running it. Where can I find it online 5w-20 full sny.

http://www.petroleumservicecompany.com/1057228.html

To your listed location( Springfield, MO )it would run you approx. $5.25 p/qt if you order 2 cases at a time( see response below to the other member about shipping ). IMO Kendall oil is vastly underrated and is on par with or even better than the well known name brand offerings like M!, Pennzoil, Valvoline, etc... Very good stuff!

If your shown location is right your order should be $94.96( 2 cases ) + $30.97 shipping = $125.93 / 24 = $5.25 p/qt

That is actually not true( re: too much with shipping ). Especially for guys like you and me here in New England. I can get Kendall full synthetic, HM, or blend delivered for the same cost or usually even less p/qt, including the shipping, than the name brand oils in 5qt jugs at Wal-Mart.

Order from PSC and get 2 cases at a time( best shipping deal is always 2 cases with them ). I will show 5W20 full synthetic below as that is what the OP asked about...

$47.48 p/case X2 = $94.96
shipping to NH = $21.57
Total 2 cases shipped = $116.53
24 qts / $116.53 = $4.85 p/qt

Local Wal-Marts here have the name brand 5qt jugs for anywhere from $24-$29 regular price. So the Kendall is right there or even less depending on what you compare it to.

This applies at least to people in our area on the East Coast and/or for those close to PSC's shipping location( PA ). The closer you are to them the less shipping is. The further away the more it costs. Shipping to the West Coast probably makes it too expensive but it sure isn't for those around us.

You can find Kendall motor oil, merchandise, and gear at the following website: https://estore.hicorpinc.com/conoco_retl/index.php. You'll find full synthetic, high-mileage, synthetic blend, european blend, and even aviation products. Free shipping is available depending upon your location. I hope this help you guys out there looking for Kendall products!

Full Synthetic Half Case (6 quarts) - $43.16 with free shipping!

Full Synthetic Full Case (12 quarts) - $78.32 with free shipping!

A couple of years ago, I got a few cases of Kendall GT-1 oil (with liquid titanium!) for $2/quart from the Alco discount store chain. Sadly, Alco recently did a belly-up bankruptcy and shut down all their stores. I guess I'm saying that Kendall is now hard to find in this area in a brick and mortar store.

I'm also a big fan of citgo superglued full syntheic, that's all my grandfather ran and had luck for many years. So I think it's a toss up between citgo and Kendall for me.

The local farm and ranch store I buy my oil at carries Kendall and citgo, they have been around for along time. It's funny that's where my father and grandfather bough there oil, Kendall is 5.99 a quart and citgo is 5.25 a quart

I and friends in the late 70s & early 80s used the Kendall , Top oil back in the day;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back