Kenda Klever AT? Tires for the Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts? Need new tires on my '15 Cherokee. Factory size is 225/60/18, which to my knowledge has no option for an AT. 235/60/18 has the Kenda Klever AT and the Yokohama Geolander AT G015. I like the looks of the Kenda better. Any input on those or other suggestions in those two sizes?

Thanks!

I don't know anything about Kenda tires but I have have a set of Geolander AT's on my Sierra 4WD and love them. Mostly highway miles but some offroading. I put over 80,000 miles on them so far.

Depending on your use you could try searching for a 215/65-18 or 235/55-18.

Found these …
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Advantage+T%2FA+Sport+LT&partnum=355VR8ATASLT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Look like AT wannabees.

I posted recently about my experience with the Yoko Geolander AT G015s. It took 10 tires to get 4 that would pass road force specs and one of the good 4 has a bunch of weights. Born on dates of 12/19 and 15/19. The tread is like an A/S tire with a bit more lug, not very aggressive looking on the truck if that matters. They should be ok for my use for the next few years but I won't get them again.

Looks wise that's what I want...I just want better performance than an all season in snow. I'd even do an aggressive all season.

if you want budget get cooper discoverer A/T at walmart they are rebadged AT/3's

IIRC they are under 100$ a tire in 245/65r17 for example.

edit just noticed you have 18" wheels.. ugh.

How about continential AT tires in 245/60r18 they are less than .05" bigger than stock trailhawk size that is widely confirmed to fit.

[Linked Image]

I've known Kenda as a Bicycle and ATV tire for a while. Never really got all that popular in my neck of the woods until the side by side ATV crowd started running 15"-18" wheels and 33" tires and they chased that craze with the Bearclaw, offering a pretty mediocre option (Executioner aside, also completely impractical) but seemed to market it and push it out quickly. Personally, I'd go with the Yokos on an actual street driven vehicle.

The Geolandars are pretty popular for the softroading folks. I know a few people who have bought Kenda mud tires for their Jeep and never had an issue with them. They seemed to do real well off road.

I've had the Klever ATs on my F150 for about 4 years now. I recommend them. Initially there wasn't really any detectable road noise but now that they have 20K on them, there is a little bit of noise, nothing close to what a MT makes though.

I knew the name from the ATV world so figured I would give them a try, have not been disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back