Just bought a new bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CaspianM

iconbk11.jpg

Hello, my name is Bond, James Bond (music playing in the background).

Nice looking bike.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

iconbk11.jpg

Hello, my name is Bond, James Bond (music playing in the background).

Nice looking bike.

Actually I believe different colors of B-King was featured in Transformer movie.

147090d1245867235-transformers-arcee31.jpg

117.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: boraticus
Not much one can do to improve on a machine like that. It's only one or two clicks of the dial from a race bike. Just a few short years ago, with some of the street components removed, that would have been a race bike. It's a machine that is definitely over the heads of all but a few courageous riders willing to take it to it's limits.

It is a beautiful example of motorcycle sophistication and technology. Nice machine indeed.
I first rode motorcycles in the middle 60s and when I look at the new bikes that is what I think as well

Originally Posted By: Scooter_man
Originally Posted By: swimmer
CaspianM said:
No it will be changed soon. I firmly believe in short OCI while breaking in. Hoping around 200, 600, 1000. Then at 3000 and 6000 miles.

Just curious, what break-in method are you using?

Most of these bikes are already dyno'd at the factory and the rings are set for the most part.
Some even are micro coated and built on near axact talorances.
Still I have been doing some quick moderate bursts with lots of easy riding in between for proper oil cooling.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I first rode motorcycles in the middle 60s and when I look at the new bikes that is what I think as well

To put a motorcycle twist to an old car ad, this is not your fathers BSA.

Thanks for the comments.
Just to clarify I did not buy this for top speed as I am not a speed demon but low end torqe is a different matter.
I think in fact this could be one of the safest bike in terms of handling, riding position and breaks if it is riden with respect.
From what I have read the top speed is limiter controlled at near 155 mph but most bypass the limiter and reported near 200 mph in stock condition.
The torque is great. It get you about 60 ftlb near 2000 rpm which is very usable for nice low end rush.

Suzuki_B-King_Dyno_Chart.jpg

with respect DONT believe everything you read, id have to see 200mph in stock trim with my own eyes. A Busa cant do it without power adders or heavy modding and gearing (salt flats) and they have the aerodynamics, a Naked B-King deresticted might do 175 modded and geared and thats pushing it. (for those not in the "know" a B-king is a slightly detuned Busa motor). Im not trying to flame here, but these are facts. When people start making 200mph claims i say, (post up the slips & prove it) there's a reason its called the 200mph club. NO factory production bike does it the Busa & ZX-14 are good for mid 180'S tops from the factory. and these are your two fastest production bikes without talking about the new BMW.. and thats a whole new topic.

Actually it is the modded that gets near 200 mph. I don't care about going that fast myself.
Here is some one with unrestricted stock B-King. LINK

135825d1238451074-my-best-results-texas-mile-today-pics-scan0013.jpg

Actually it is the modded that gets near 200 mph. I don't care about going that fast myself.
Here is some one with unrestricted stock B-King. LINK

135825d1238451074-my-best-results-texas-mile-today-pics-scan0013.jpg

My point exactly ! a modded B-king with documentation that shows 181 & change.. thats a long way off 200mph (my guess of 175mph was just that, a educated guess) Im not trying to argue it out.. all im trying to relay to you is dont believe everything you read, guys on forums are going to make all kinds of wild claims.... nice bike by the way.

Just for the record the guy above specifically said that his bike was not modded but the rev limiter was disabled..

Just for the record the guy above specifically said that his bike was not modded but the rev limiter was disabled..

I agree with you, AND you are correct.. but this conversation was started with a statement of a derestricted bike doing 200MPH. I respectfully called B.S. proof of a derestricted bike showing 181MPH was shown, I can buy that, ((im actually impressed)) Thats wicked fast for no plastics ! One of my points is "de-restricting" is modding.. AND my second point and most important is, you cant de-restrict a B-King at get a 200mph bike. To the O.P. again, Dont buy everything you read on sportbike forums, and again, nice bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back