Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a Stat course in college, hated it. No thanks. So CR reliability surveys are junk and nobody else does anything valid. Can't trust the auto rags, owner ratings on Edmunds etc are meaningless. Might as well buy based on color choice or closest dealer or what grandpa liked.

I get that the CR surveys are like websites that are populated by fanboyz or someone with a problem, but if a certain issue repeatedly is mentioned it has no merit? There must be formulas that take the skewed response into account?

CR new car tests look at a car for what it is when it's at it's best, yes issues will show up as miles add up later. Not sure how a car ranked low when new could get a higher rating as it ages unless it happens to be stone reliable.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

I also have the quadradrive and lift. I'm fully loaded except for the Hemi. I love the Long range radar and adaptive cruise control! Thanks for your input - it does seem like a great vehicle so far.

You think you love it now, wait until you run those ventilated seats in the summer! Best thing ever. I just got mine in August, I am very happy with it.

I think I am going to run PYB and the Mopar filter. I just can't decide between 20 or 30 weight.

I've got the ventilated seats on my CTS also and I agree they work wonders in Texas! I think I am going to run PP and go with the 20 wt since its winter and maybe do 30wt in the summers. But I don't know either yet lol

Originally Posted By: zuluplus30

On to the Pentastar. I have on in my Wrangle Unlimited. I thought I was in love with the Honda J series V6 until I bought this. It's a home-run for Fiat/Chrysler.

Its an AMAZING engine... and has a great back-story as well. It almost didn't go into production at all.

It was designed by Chrysler engineers while the company was still "Daimler-Chrysler." Before it went to production, Diamler bailed and Chrysler was picked up by Cerberus, which knew nothing about vehicles at all. Cerberus management had a number of plans to profit from the shell of Chrysler, one of which was to get in bed with Renault/Nissan. Nissan would buy Ram truck bodies for the next generation Titan (would certainly have been a win for Nissan...), and Chrysler would buy v6 engines from Nissan instead of further developing in-house. Fortunately (for Chrysler and Fiat when they came aboard, not so much for Renault/Nissan) that didn't happen.

Everything you wanted to know about Pentastar engines:
http://www.pentastars.com/engines/tech.php

Been running the pentastar for 2 years now, great motor, had the cylinder recall done and it's been a perfect. Runs smooth, tons of power even moving our minivan fully loaded

It's been happy with Mobil 1 the last 2 years. Switching over to PUP this next oil change as apart of the Pennzoil UOA program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back