Jacobsen Turf Cat Hydraulic Fluid Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a late 80's Jacobsen TurfCat II GW224, LF-100 series fairway mower. It had an eaton hydraulic drive and PTO. I was told by a family member that works at a local college (where the mower came from), they I should use type F fluid in the hydro system. It looks like that is what is currently in it. The manual indicates that I should use motor oil. Both of those don't appear to be the best option to me, but I'm not a hydraulic expert by any means.

I was thinking something like an AW46 since they spec 20w/20 in warm conditions and a 10w/30 in colder temperature range conditions. I have a 51" snowblower for this as well so I will be using it in the winter.

What do you guys think?

A Bobcat has a hydrostatic drive and people use motor oil (10W30) or tractor & hydraulic fluid. I buy 5 gallon containers as Sams, but doubt you need that much. NAPA and TSC sell it.

It has about a 5 gallon tank, it takes quite a bit. This machine has about 2200 hours on it, I want to be sure I'm putting the right thing in it to get good performance and life from it.

You could look up on the web, maybe there are some manuals online. If you get an ISO number, thats all you need to get the correct hydraulic fluid. But most of the ISO grades are for temp of the location.

There is a manual available and it recommends 10/30 engine oil and there is ATF currently in it. Neither seemed to be ideal for a hydraulic application I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back