Is using Pennzoil Platinum Patriotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE
Originally Posted By: 1bioguy
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

Why not go Mobil 1 if you want to be patriotic?
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

If I am not mistaken on the back of m1 it says made from foreign and domestic oil.

Originally Posted By: stygz

If I am not mistaken on the back of m1 it says made from foreign and domestic oil.

Something to that effect (though I believe the term is components). Not all of Mobil's plants are in North America. They are just a US company. They have facilities all over the world.

Is there a good synthetic oil that is made in the U.S. from all U.S. materials? Maybe Amsoil?

Is there a good synthetic oil that is made in the U.S. from all U.S. materials? Maybe Amsoil?

No. Their base oils, just like every other blender, comes from the big guys like Mobil, who make their base oils all over the world. Same goes for the additive packages.

I suspect Shell bought the Pennzoil-Quaker State names because they wanted to tap into patriotism. Formula Shell has always been a decent oil, but never shared the sales success of Pennzoil or Quaker State. Buy purchasing those brand names, Shell became the top seller of conventional in the North American market in an instant.

One would be hard pressed to be more American than Schaeffer's Manufacturing. Oldest Oil co. in USA dating back to 1839. Privately owned and blended in St. Louis. Certainly some of the base stocks and additives come form overseas, as with others, this is inevitable. That said, Schaeffers business structure and the majority of its spending and profits remain in the USA.

How about chevron supreme? I'm running it in my subaru (ops [censored] car), and it consumes almost none. And when I put any synthetic oil in it, it uses 1 qt every 3K miles. Wiki said Chevron is an USA company and you can get decent price from costco.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Seeing as how it takes about 2.2 gallons of oil to make 1 gallon of gas, and if you drive 12,000 miles per year at 20 miles per gallon of gas, it takes 600 gallons of gas per year to do so. This is 1,320 gallons of crude oil (mostly from overseas) to fuel your vehicle.

exactly, big chunk of that money goes to wealthy arabs and/or dictators and/or terrorists.

if one wants to be patriotic one:
1. doesn't drive (bike, public transportation, etc) or
2. runs on natural gas or alcohol only or
3. runs electric only or
4. small hybrid or small motorcycle.

pick and chose your level of patriotism, LOL.
sorry, but US engine oil is a lame try.

It's almost impossible to vote with your wallet as a patriot in the US.

The federal government and the power elite have sold out this great country in order to make a buck.

Welcome to the third world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back