Is using Pennzoil Platinum Patriotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how it takes about 2.2 gallons of oil to make 1 gallon of gas, and if you drive 12,000 miles per year at 20 miles per gallon of gas, it takes 600 gallons of gas per year to do so. This is 1,320 gallons of crude oil (mostly from overseas) to fuel your vehicle.

I don't think the 1-2 gallons of motor oil each year makes much of a difference.

If you want to make a real difference you can buy a Chevy Volt and charge everywhere. Electricity is made here.

again like toyots Honda is not what they used to be either.. we are doing lots of honda engines the last few years they are not like they were in a matter of fact we had a couple of hondas with low miles with engines with bad castings and Honda just settled a very large class action lawsuit over their not so well built engines, They are really not what they used to be. I am seeing a lot of civics coming in with bad headgaskets and some heads also that were not even part of that class action.
Honda and toyota in the eighties made some of the best engines now they are not so great anymore because i see a lot of them in my engine shop these days

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Seeing as how it takes about 2.2 gallons of oil to make 1 gallon of gas, and if you drive 12,000 miles per year at 20 miles per gallon of gas, it takes 600 gallons of gas per year to do so. This is 1,320 gallons of crude oil (mostly from overseas) to fuel your vehicle.

I don't think the 1-2 gallons of motor oil each year makes much of a difference.

If you want to make a real difference you can buy a Chevy Volt and charge everywhere. Electricity is made here.

Not really. We, Californian, import some electricity from Mexico.

Last edited:
Funny how they lump "Canadian" content in with "US" content. Is Canada now the USA 51st State? Any country that produced Molson, Rush, and Pamela Anderson is Mur-can enough for me
smile.gif

PP is Shell which is headquartered in the Netherlands and is owned by millions of shareholders of all Nationalities. The majority shareholders are Central Banksters who don't subscribe to such primitive notions as Nationality. The GTL plant is in Qatar which is an OPEC member.

If countries don't trade goods and services, then they will trade bullets and bombs. Trading with poorer, less "evolved" nations is patriotic...It will obsolete war.

If a person wants to support a truly American blender you've got sheaffers as an option as well as all the boutiques like redline,rp and trust Amsoil.
But let's be serious here. In this global marketplace ingredients and components are easily shipped to American soil so the final assembly can be completed by an American worker and in that it can also carry a label indicating made in America.
Just do a little digging before believing the marketing and know the rules that govern those marketing claims.
I'm of the belief nothing we use in life such as appliances and machines have components inside from every corner of the globe. An eclectic mix of parts supplied by people who might not even know what it does.
So nothing today is purebred,most everything we have in life is a mixed breed of different contributors and varying quality so that in the end everything is disposable.

Originally Posted By: dothedrew1202
Originally Posted By: wemay
Valvoline...

+1
atleast they have a flag on their bottles.

That's why I love Valvoline! And because it is quality oil. It's from Ashland, Ky you cant get much more American than Kentucky, horses, guns, corvettes, Valvoline, and bourbon lol.

Really we live in a global economy, so use whatever you like.

Pennzoil is Shell owned. I don't see that being very "American." Then again, oil is a world commodity so it could come out of the ground in sand land and be imported here for refining.. Hopefully by Americans, but possibly not?

I am not sure where these are blended, but Chevron, ConocoPhillips and Valvoline are all US brands. I still use Pennzoil though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Valvoline...

+1

That's why I love Valvoline! And because it is quality oil. It's from Ashland, Ky you cant get much more American than Kentucky, horses, guns, corvettes, Valvoline, and bourbon lol.

ExxonMobil is also American, headquartered in Irving, Texas. And unlike Ashland, produce every component of their lubricants themselves.

Originally Posted By: 1bioguy
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

PP will be one of the best bang for the buck when you factor in their spring and fall rebates along with the discounts on shell fuel.

1. Register your CRV with pennzoil and get the $25 rebate for the Pennzoil Platinum. Basically it will be a free oc less the filter.

2. In the spring and fall you can usually find a $10 rebate off a 5qt jug of PP. Walmart sells it for about $25 (sometimes less). THat gets you down to $15 or $3 a qt.

3. For every qt of out they will give you 10 cents off a gallon of gas with a FRN card which is free.

Its a global market like others said. These rebates seem to have been going like clock work for the past few years. Your wallet and engine will thank you.

What does oil use have to do with being patriotic? I prefer to do what I think is correct.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
The GTL process is done in Quatar, so no, it is not American.

According to the commercial, America is now the world's #1 producer of natural gas. So it does seem a no-brainer to ask: Why we don't have a GTL plant in this country? Never mind. It's a rhetorical question which I already know the answer to: by the time the EPA allows a GTL plant to be built in the US, the natural gas will all be gone.

Originally Posted By: 1bioguy
Deciding on what to feed my new CRV and my 08 Ranger. I want the best bang for my buck, but would prefer staying with an American owned company. That being said, if PP is made from natural gas, then this should reduce our dependency on OPEC. Question is, is it American Natural gas? Even if not it still is a better alternative than crude form countries that basically hate us. In either case I picked up two 5 qt jugs for 25.00 ea on sale at K mart. We'll see......

Why not go Mobil 1 if you want to be patriotic?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Valvoline...

+1

ExxonMobil is also American, headquartered in Irving, Texas. And unlike Ashland, produce every component of their lubricants themselves.

I thought so! I wasn't 100% sure about Mobil, so I didn't want to speak incorrectly. Thanks for the confirmation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back