Is this normal wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your responses. I have been in many different cars with leather interiors, mostly GM but some Toyota, Honda and Ford products as well. Those had some wear, but they were MUCH older. Speaking of OLD, the rear seats on the 25 year old Buick in my sig look factory new. The front seats aren't all that bad either, just cleaned them today in fact
smile.gif
They don't even have a single spot that has been worn through. Sure they have a couple surface cracks, but nothing that goes through the leather.

With OCD like this, I have to say light beige leather isn't the best choice. You will notice everything on those things.

I don't think the bolsters are leather. Not sure about Honda, but on most cars with "leather" seats the only leather is the center section. The rest is vinyl.

My crack has gotten bigger as I've aged. I wouldn't worry about your seats. Take care of yourself...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Probably the fat guys at the tire repair place put some extra crinkles in the seat.

Did we ever see a picture of the damaged wheel?

Nope, I'm guessing the damage was so minor that he didn't want to hear our comments.
smile.gif

From my time on the Accord forum, the seats appear normal. There is an issue with the armrest stitching coming apart. Which goes right down the middle of the arm rest. So I would keep an eye on that. There's some fix it threads on that forum.

Originally Posted By: silveravant
I don't think the bolsters are leather. Not sure about Honda, but on most cars with "leather" seats the only leather is the center section. The rest is vinyl.

The tops of the side bolsters are leather, the sides are not.

I picked up my new car a week and a half ago. I have driven it about 350 miles, and now the dashboard says my fuel is low.

Is it normal to run out of fuel that quick?

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
I picked up my new car a week and a half ago. I have driven it about 350 miles, and now the dashboard says my fuel is low.

Is it normal to run out of fuel that quick?

You may want to return that one if its MPH is well below what the window sticker states.

I inspect tons of that exact same car for work. Literally every driver seat looks like that in any Honda or Acura. Other brands, too. It isn't bad leather, just normal wear. I don't even make an exception in my condition report anymore because after the first 10k miles, they all look like that. The edge of the seams there will wear through the color long before those wrinkles ever turn into cracks. Just keep it clean and conditioned. The seats will last as long as the car. If you have the nice seat covers, just use them. If you don't like the seat covers, just plan on cleaning and conditioning more often than you think you have to.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Loose some weight?

35.gif

I am not a huge guy, I weigh 160 but some weight could be lost.

I think many leather seats will wear to look like that, and then stay like that for another 100k miles or so. I think it's normal

Absolutely normal for Honda/Acura. My 2007 Acura MDX looked like that in 2011 when purchased and remains the same.

Its animal skin. I used to be OCD like you on this stuff but 3 kids did me in......

Just be thankful you don't own a car with real aniline dyed leather seats, the color fade and cracks would make you suicidal.
Today's seats are a sort of leather but its very thin split or bonded and not cut from full hides that you can see the grain of the leather. Leather conditioner is worthless on this type as it will never get to the actual leather material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back