Is Quaker State synthetic EOP like Pennzoil Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both made by SOPUS (Shell Oil Products...), so it begs the question... is the latest incarnation of Quaker State synthetic made of the same base stock as Pennzoil Platinum? Johnny?!
smile.gif

There seems to be a growing body of evidence than PP is the real deal, and may become the GC-type darling of BITOG.

And just in case someone does a search, here are some terms I searched to try and find similar answers...
gas to liquid (GTL)
EOP
Group V

I, too, am buying it over Mobil 1 because of the price ($3.97/qt. v $5.64 and up). I also like their web site although the Mobil 1 is very informative as well. Econo-wise, however, it's hard to justify not buying the excellent yellow bottle stuff ($1.73/qt).

So...when can we get the Euro 5W-30, 5W-40 at WalMart, Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, etc.? Johnny had -kindly - provided a web site where to get it shipped from (IL?), but it would be easier to have it available locally.

quote:

Originally posted by jbas:
So...when can we get the Euro 5W-30, 5W-40 at WalMart, Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, etc.? Johnny had -kindly - provided a web site where to get it shipped from (IL?), but it would be easier to have it available locally.

Don't hold your breath, I've been looking for those two oils locally for a while now, haven't stumbled upon either yet.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back