iPod Touch - thinking about getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about getting an iPod Touch for some time now. The main reason would be to use it as an alternative to a netbook - instead of lugging a laptop around, will have a small computer in my pocket. Listening to music would be a distant second purpose.

Does anyone have an iPod Touch and what are their opinions?

I Love mine and I love my nano both are great. I stayed up until 1Am downloading new music

I had mine a month before I sold it on ebay and got an iphone, so yes I liked it a lot.

It can be used to do things on the internet, but isn't really enjoyable to surf the internet on. It's just too small for me.

Also, I use Handbrake which is free to put movies on it for my kids to watch in the car. It's durable enough for them to use, at least in my experience, knock on wood.

Last edited:
LOL. I have an iphone. there is no such thing as practical typing on it. It is great as a tool to surf the net, check email and listen to music, but you cannot get anything of value done on it.

Additionally, the text size is stressful on the eyes.

If typing a lot is necessary, id look for a blackberry. I have both and the iphone is far more useful, but nothing beats a decent small laptop for doing anything real...

It is a good alternative to a netbook, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on a netbook purchase!

We have iPhones, but it really does make a netbook a less attractive option when the Touch/iPhone are so easy to use.

If you have to type a lot, then use a regular computer or laptop for more rigorous tasks. Then enjoy the iPod Touch for anything on-the-go.

Twitter, Facebook, etc are all much easier for generic use on the iPhone. The Touch? well, since it doesn't have a camera, you miss out on the two-tap picture uploads. Hopefully the next gen Touch will have a Camera to make this possible.

Podcasting? the Touch/iPhone get it right. You are placed right into the store to download the podcast of your choice with just a few taps of the screen. Download & go. Listen to it in the background while you do other things.

As always, I suggest Pocket Tunes for anything related to internet streaming. Simply the best app around for this purpose.

Can an iPod Touch be hooked up to a TV through HDMI to watch high-def movies?

Quote:
Can an iPod Touch be hooked up to a TV through HDMI to watch high-def movies?

HDMI? No. Component video? Yes.

From the Apple website:

Quote:
Support for 480p and 576p component TV out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back