Introducing the best motor oil on earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try GC, almost PP, whatever M1, Amswho! Meet the king of all motor oils!! Quakerstate 10w30 high mileage with "drum roll" Slick 50, yeahhhh Slick 50. $3.25 a qt. at family dollar!

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.

Last edited:
uhhhhh....nice...be right there to take advantage of that killer deal...nothing like plastic teflon flakes to clog up an engine...

I don't believe that one oil can be the best for all applications. Different motors wear differently and certain oils are better than others in specific applications. Do you have any proof such as UOAs to back up your statement?

Proof? Its Slick 50! Havent you heard! I mean come on, Qstate is willing to put their reputation on the line. Oh the ole plug up the filter theory, thats as credible as Penz. causes sludge.

Slick 50 is a scam. AllKnowing, I bet you didn't know this...

Quote:
Slick 50 in $20M lawsuit, loses to FTC.

Blue Corral, the manufacturers of the Slick 50 engine oil additive, have been banned by the Federal Trade Commission from making claims about reduced engine wear, increased fuel economy and lower running temperatures in it's advertising in America. The Federal Commission found the company's claims of increased performance and reduced wear were unsubstantiated, and Blue Corral has agreed to pay upwards of $20M in damages to affected customers.

http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sunfire

Quote:

Blue Corral, the manufacturers of the Slick 50 engine oil additive, have been banned by the Federal Trade Commission from making claims about reduced engine wear, increased fuel economy and lower running temperatures in it's advertising in America. The Federal Commission found the company's claims of increased performance and reduced wear were unsubstantiated, and Blue Corral has agreed to pay upwards of $20M in damages to affected customers.

I did know that, when u got Exxon/Mobil money you can afford to buy some judges and have some shills in the FTC. About 14 yrs ago or so i had a extra half qt. of Duralube, my uncle would put up some small air cooled 4 stroke motor if i put up my half qt. We mixed it 1/4 Duralube to 3/4 oil, ran it 20 min. or so then drained every drop out of it and ran it again. He put a thermometer on it, it ran 45 min. b4 my uncle said im impressed i want to keep the motor. True story, we were blown away like those guys in the Duralube commercial.

I have seen one of those Fram filters with teflon BLOW UP a race engine and I don't believe this oil has teflon in it. And finally, I would get oil at family dollar to save money and $3.25 a qt is not cheap.

Originally Posted By: AllKnowing
Originally Posted By: sunfire

Quote:

I did know that, when u got Exxon/Mobil money you can afford to buy some judges and have some shills in the FTC. About 14 yrs ago or so i had a extra half qt. of Duralube, my uncle would put up some small air cooled 4 stroke motor if i put up my half qt. We mixed it 1/4 Duralube to 3/4 oil, ran it 20 min. or so then drained every drop out of it and ran it again. He put a thermometer on it, it ran 45 min. b4 my uncle said im impressed i want to keep the motor. True story, we were blown away like those guys in the Duralube commercial.

As a 17yr old working at the Sears service center, I got to destroy the old mowers that weren't worth repairing. I ran them with no oil just for fun and never did I kill one with that method. I got tired of standing there before the motor died. Tried it with water instead of oil and same result, 20 minutes of standing there holding the handle I gave up. Then I tried lapping compound and it would freeze up within seconds. Usually started burning oil first and then froze.

My point being that an engine will run a while with no oil with or without Duralube/ Slick50 but the damage is done even if it still runs. I have no opinion on the products mentioned, just that the test really doesn't prove anything.

Indeed, B&S has pulled engines straight off the assembly line before they get any oil and run them unloaded. They will run a long time like that. Unless you were loading up that engine hard, that proves nothing to me.

slick 50 in quaker state. very old news. If I was Shell I would dump the product, I'm sure some would hold bias to Shell and not buy any of their products fearing that slick 50 may be in them. I'm not as paranoid, but if I thought about it, someone else surely would!

The may indeed be well served by dropping the consumer level product ..but Slick50 is a product line. It includes quite a few professional grade remedies that have nothing to do with Teflon.

They tried to sell it several years ago but there were no buyers.

Slick 50 today is no where near what it was when first introduced years ago. Remember when it first came out and the instructions on the bottle said SHAKE before pouring in. That's because it was full of those nasty PTFE flakes that would settle in the bottom of the bottle, clog oil passages and filters.

Today, there are no PTFE flakes in Slick 50. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it is a soluble product just like moly in motor oils are now soluble moly.

And believe it or not, Slick 50 is still the number one selling additive on the market today. I doubt very seriously that the new Slick 50 helps anything, but it sure won't hurt anything either.

Oh, and the Quaker State HM oil is a very good product.

Originally Posted By: Bob The Builder
uhhhhh....nice...be right there to take advantage of that killer deal...nothing like plastic teflon flakes to clog up an engine...

Today, there are no PTFE flakes in Slick 50. Hasn't been in years - not since SOPUS purchased the brand.

I've reached the conclusion that there will always be people who believe in miracle additives, just like they will believe they have the secret to winning the lottery.
Facts mean nothing. All that they need is hope.

feedtroll.gif

If Slick 50 is so great, why does Quakerstate need to be added to it?

I'm guessing a quart of Slick 50, a quart of Z-max, and a quart of Duralube would make an engine last to eternity.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
If Slick 50 is so great, why does Quakerstate need to be added to it?

I'm guessing a quart of Slick 50, a quart of Z-max, and a quart of Duralube would make an engine last to eternity.

Nope....the only additive you need is Militec 1. Period. It's the best...and look Ma...no teflon flakes.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
They tried to sell it several years ago but there were no buyers.

Slick 50 today is no where near what it was when first introduced years ago. Remember when it first came out and the instructions on the bottle said SHAKE before pouring in. That's because it was full of those nasty PTFE flakes that would settle in the bottom of the bottle, clog oil passages and filters.

Today, there are no PTFE flakes in Slick 50. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it is a soluble product just like moly in motor oils are now soluble moly.

And believe it or not, Slick 50 is still the number one selling additive on the market today. I doubt very seriously that the new Slick 50 helps anything, but it sure won't hurt anything either.

Oh, and the Quaker State HM oil is a very good product.

Johnny,
I think it was you who said(awhile back) that there isnt too much Slick 50 in the bottle anyway; it was more for marketing purposes. Correct me if Im wrong, of course.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back