Interesting quote, and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all:

I was looking on the LCD website yesterday, and saw one topic on their bulletin board that really had me curious. One of their members was asking if LC20 was able to do a decent seal conditioning, ala AutoRX. The reply, from member "LCD" -

LCD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
LC will condition seals and do it well. It will not fix old and cracked seals, but it will condition seals.

I DO NOT want to start a flame war, or a war of any kind. I do not want to offend Frank Miller, or Odis. They both make excellent products in a world of liquid trash additives.

This is not a topic, to the best of my knowledge, that has ever been discussed here. In the last month, I have purchased a new Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0L northstar w/74500 miles, and have been stressing over whether to ARX it or LC it. To do what would need to be done with the ARX would cost a good deal more, and I would just have a clean engine after it. Not that a clean engine is not wonderful, but then I would have to keep it clean. I also know that things are not always determined by finance.

So, the question - can LC20 really condition the seals? I WILL NOT ask the question of comparison, as I well know that these products are not the same. And, does anyone know how they condition? Seal swellers, natural side effects due to some part of the chemistry, etc?

I hope I do not make people mad, I just saw that and had to ask it where it would get more attention.

D

IMHO, Auto-Rx is the better cleaner and seal conditioner of the two products. LC20 is the better maintenance product, as it does more to stabilize the oil than Auto-Rx does. LC20 can indeed help keep your seals in good shape, but to get them in good shape in the first place I'd use Auto-Rx.

That's just my humble opinion (and regimen).

Could we have some more discussion on this, please? Terry, Molakule, Jeff, Frank?

I do not want a fight, but this is a claim I would love to discover the validity of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back