Im about done with microfiber

Wash them with warm water, i use woolite for colors and if they are exceptionally dirty a few oz of simple green goes in as well. Every so often I will wash mine with Adams car care microfiber rejuvenate, wich works wonders.

I've been using 3D's Towel Kleen High Definition Car Care liquid laundry soap.
Seems to get the job done. But I don't get the towels and mitts really dirty for a true test.

LOL, just looked at my detailing micro fiber stash. Purchased in 2005 from the PakShak in Hawaii, their MicroPak brand was supposedly made with the better Korean products of the day: 2 waffle weave drying towels and about a dozen microfiber towels of 2 different types. Back in the day this stuff was debated over Egyptian cotton towels for non-marring characteristics. People would test them on CD's for scratching, LOL.

Since I only detail 2 times annually, I used some of these sealant dedicated towels a few weeks ago and I still have a few virgin ones from Ranney at PakShak. Autopia members got a killer deal back in the day.

Even the cheap microfiber towels work better than Terry. However, if you get the cheap ones (i.e., Walmart gray 10 pack) you need to break them in before they start to shine (pun intended). Just run them through the washer and dryer before you start using them and they will absorb well.

Also, DO NOT use any type of fabric softener with microfiber...the waxes in the softener tend to block the absorptive properties of the microfiber. Learned that one the hard way!

I don't get my.microfober towels dirty.with grit.i use only new towels for buffing. For drying a vehicle I prefer chamois.leather.

I have Microfiber towels from Meguiars, Griots Garage, Cal Car Cover and a couple others. I wash with Tide and double rinse low dry and they come out clean and fluffy ;)

Back