Idea of how to get gas prices down.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets take a real approach that will be farther reaching than just going slower or protesting or what not.

1. Get rid of Alcohol in gas. All car that use it will get about 5% more fuel efficient just based on the heat energy of the gasoline. And if you are worried about actual pollution, well Shell sued and lost because they could meet the actual output requirements without the alcohol.
2. This in turn reduces the corn feed prices lowering your grocery bills on corn, milk, beef, anything that uses products in short supply due to the production of corn instead of other crops.
3. Not only are we paying extra or the corn in gas at the pump, but in taxes supporting the subsidies for companies to produce it.
4. Build a good supply of new refineries and drill our own oil. Heck American companies can't drill of Florida but Chinese companies can because after 12 miles out it is INTERNATIONAL WATERS!!! Not too mention recent finds out in Colorado and someone go get ANWAR already.

It seems to be OK as long as we don't get to drill.

Now you can have fuel savings as well as driving down costs.

Problem we now have along with commodities trading is we import refined gasoline so companies have to charge that fuel as the minimum price. Anything they produce cheaper here is then left as MASSIVE windfall profits. Don't expect them to sell it on average as that would violate their legally bound mandate to maximize their profits.

So call your congressman and demand sensible energy policies.

Quote:

I have a method that is guaranteed to reduce your gas expense...
ready...
wait for it...
...STOP DRIVING!
pat2.gif

Holy Macaroni we have a winner!

That's the size of it folks. Want to lower gas prices, we ALL have to substantially reduce our gas usage. Nothing else will work.

Quote:

Quote:

ready...
wait for it...
...STOP DRIVING!
pat2.gif

Holy Macaroni we have a winner!

That's the size of it folks. Want to lower gas prices, we ALL have to substantially reduce our gas usage. Nothing else will work.

Yeah sounds good. I will just start getting up at 330 am so I can get to work on time. That will be hard considering I will be getting home so late, but I guess it is the only soultion.

Quote:

ready...

wait for it...

...STOP DRIVING!
pat2.gif

No but if we all used 10% less, the price would come down considerably. That would help a lot IMHO.
twocents.gif

Happy(if but expensive)motoring to all!
driving.gif

"If everyone quit driving, gas prices would drop. Sounds pretty simple to me! "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding, ding, ding, ding!

And a ding, ding to all who have repeated it.

Easier said than done, of course.

I walk to the store/etc when I can and enjoy it - drive a fuel efficient car to work, but then drive a gas guzzler truck to various job sites around LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back