I was wanting to chang my ATF, but not like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Good Job, Eric.

That tranny looks suspiciously like the one in my daughter's 2001 Galant.

Hmmmmmmm ..... Wonder if this is lurking in the future for us?

I am not used to Mitsubishi Diamond-matic transmissions failing catastrophically, I am used to them slipping badly at an early age.

Friend has a Lancer, 2004 vintage I think, it likes to shift into neutral once in a while. I think it gets confused, seemed like it would do this when it would up shift and then a downshift was required. A bit unnerving, as it would slam into gear.

Still going tho, with about 250k now on it. I doubt the fluid was ever changed.

Yah. You did well. I woulda flushed the cooler and lines. Other than that you have a used car with a good used part. It probably wouldn't have been worth paying to have this done professionally. Stories like this just encourage me to get a wire welder and some steel to repair the BMWs rusty areas. The 4HP22s in my several 528es have racked up well over a million miles in the aggregate One torn lip seal has been the total repair out side of a few fluid and filter changes. This is what you get when when you have a motive appliance with wrong wheel drive and a sidewise engine.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
It was done professionally, I just didn't pay me (since it's mine). I've done this type of job many times professionally over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back