I was shocked, received a inquiry call from NHSTA in Washington DC

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
About 30 minutes ago I received a inquiry call from NHSTA in Washington DC, about the incident report I filed several months ago. I went ahead with the call mostly because I could understand the caller. Good ole American English. The caller was a male who gave me the time to fully explain the issue of the grabby brakes at low speeds (under 6mph). Plus he seemed to understand the handoff between regenerative braking and friction braking. More than anything I am happy NHTSA is still investigating this matter. He thanked me for informing him about some items he was unaware of regarding the brakes.

Once in a great while the government impresses me. Thanks if there is anyone here who works at NHTSA

I was ASSuming, too, but would have been good to specify in OP
actually I filled out a form on their website. The only reason I answered the phone was the called showed from Washington DC. Never had a call from that area so I answered it.

actually I filled out a form on their website. The only reason I answered the phone was the called showed from Washington DC. Never had a call from that area so I answered it.
You're a better man than me -- I always meant to fill out a complaint about my JL steering locking up when cold because of the aluminum steering box. However I managed to procrastinate enough and they issued a TSB and released a steel box. Should have been a recall, not a TSB, but whatever....

You're a better man than me -- I always meant to fill out a complaint about my JL steering locking up when cold because of the aluminum steering box. However I managed to procrastinate enough and they issued a TSB and released a steel box. Should have been a recall, not a TSB, but whatever....
Exactly !

Back