i say the best filter is a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAPA GOLD!

i have a '92 jeep cherokee going on almost 204,000miles! and i use along with this filter Havoline Maxlife 10w30 oil.

There are members here who have used nothing but basic Frams - with more miles on their odometers than yours.

Odds are, your oil change routines are what brought you to 203K - not your oil filter choice.

I like NAPA Gold for extended OCIs. Otherwise, I use STP, Purolator Premium Plus, Supertech, AC Delco and Motorcraft.

well.. yeah i meant Vavolines Max LIFE.. my bad...

as for the comment about the high miles. Doesnt the filter help for the most part clean out the containments in the oil over time? So with the comment that the filter has nothing to do with cleaning the engine doesn't that help prolong the engine life a great quality oil filter?

But for the Fram filters. I just have had problems with Frams before and thats why i stopped using them. I guess the better quality Fram filters do better so i can't say personally how they are.

WIX and purolator are the only two other filters i would use and HAVE. And thanks for pointing out that i mispelled the wrong name of the oil i use.

Quote:

There are members here who have used nothing but basic Frams - with more miles on their odometers than yours.

Odds are, your oil change routines are what brought you to 203K - not your oil filter choice.

I like NAPA Gold for extended OCIs. Otherwise, I use STP, Purolator Premium Plus, Supertech, AC Delco and Motorcraft.

yes. i change my oil religiously every 3,000 to 3,500miles.

Purolators and Baldwins in my garage. I would feel comfortable with Wix too.

I must add a NAPA Gold saved me a $18K transmission. We run a big cooler on our trannie and have a remote filter prior to the cooler coming out of a FinishLineTrans Stage V Pro Stock Transmission. Blew a 3800RPM stall and little peices of that sucker went everywhere. Thank goodness that NAPA1515 was there. Not one sliver made its way to the trannie. Best $4 bucks I spent
smile.gif
We cut it open and there were a million little slivers....let a few of those get into that tight tolerance trannie and it would have cost me another rebuild and that would have made me sad.

Quote:

yes. i change my oil religiously every 3,000 to 3,500miles.

I did that for 25 years. Now I go 5000. As an excption I have over 9000 miles on Durablend 10w40 in my F150 and an oversized WIX filter. UOA to be posted next week. Of course this oil is additive boosted to double the zddp.

i corrected it Obbop... its vavoline MAXLIFE oil i use. just changed it today ....

and hey sargeGTO.... thats the part number i use... the napa gold 1515! its massive!

For what it's worth... I agree 100%!!! I think Maxlife oil plus Napa Gold filters (wix) are the cream of the crop.

I've had nothing but great results using these two products on my 115K Mazda. I think Maxlife is very under-rated and Napa Gold filters are about as good as you can buy for the $$$.

Excellent choices Southernjeeper!!!!
cheers.gif

atleast im doing something right. I happened to change the oil this weekend when i went home for easter. 6qts Maxlife and 1 napa gold 1515 filter.

thanks JGmazda and tallpaul....

I don't dispute the quality of the Amsoil filter, but it would be extreme overkill for us average guys. Now if you are runing Amsoil or Redline for an extended OCI, the Amsoil filter would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back