I´m doing it - 3 long OCIs on one filter!!!

I am doing THREE long 8k oil changes on a 1.6L Nissan 4 cylinder. Using QS 5-w30 synthetic. 3.25 sump capacity.
I´m using a FRAM Endurance FE6607. The next filter change will be close to 25k!
I´ll use a mighty vac pump to change out the oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should at least use the FE7317 (longer) :sneaky:

Also, if you're going to leave it on for more than one OCI, then leave it on and DO NOT remove it until the end of the last OCI! Once you remove it, you must replace it.
No No! I´m keeping the short filter, no cheating. 99 at 20u, 25k guarantee, I´m using the recommended short filter, got to put the media through the paces! It´s wired backed! I may even do a Blackstone report just before the last filter change, to see how leaving 2 cups of "used oil" in the filter after two oci´s effects oil life and contaminants...maybe even a filter cut open!

Last edited:
No No! I´m keeping the short filter, no cheating. 99 at 20u, 25k guarantee, I´m using the recommended short filter, got to put the media through the paces! It´s wired backed! I may even do a Blackstone report just before the last filter change, to see how leaving 1 cup of "used oil" in the filter after two oci´s affects oil life and contaminants.
Vern,

Put down the keyboard and back away from the computer! :ROFLMAO:

I am doing THREE long 8k oil changes on a 1.6L Nissan 4 cylinder. Using QS 5-w30 synthetic. 3.25 sump capacity.
I´m using a FRAM Endurance FE6607. The next filter change will be close to 25k!
I´ll use a mighty vac pump to change out the oil.

I only ask 1 thing of you, please cut open the Oil Filter when you are done close to 25K, and if you cannot do this, then at least send it 2 that 53Stude Member here!

What would be more fun would be to use some HPL top of their line oil and never change the oil just the filter and see how long the engine lasts.

24k in non dusty roads is easily doable. Now if he drives through clouds of dust from construction or dirt roads that's another thing.

If you guys really want to see a filter autopsy, let's have him send it to our lab in Cookeville, Tennessee for analysis. SEM photos, oil analysis...the full work up.

How much for that service ?

I might want to send in a filter…

Last edited:
8,000 miles on 3.25 quart capacity seems a lot, even if synthetic. But if your usage does not qualify as severe service, it should be fine. You didn't say how many miles you drive per year so my concern would be the aging of the filter & hardening of filter gasket. Post your results for all to see!

Back