I have always loved to watch F1 but....

This guy can never catch a break..... It wasn't too long ago when he was the golden child and people were calling for Carlos' seat.....

Max may be the greatest driver that's ever been, time will tell.
He was getting podiums and wins before having a dominant car, and the 2021 drivers championship though controversial was in an inferior car.
Checo in an identical car struggles at times. Max always gets the maximum out of the car.

It is a bit boring, and I'd love to see Lando to get his first win...but it is what it is.

Who watches F1 anyways?

All these new drivers are basically corporate trained puppets. They sound the same, they act the same, no character at all, boring.
The races reflect this as well, boring
There's corporate speak for sure. They're athletes and this is how athletes are schooled for times being in front of the press. "Drive to Survive" NetFlix gives you a peak behind the scenes.

Who watches F1 anyways?

All these new drivers are basically corporate trained puppets. They sound the same, they act the same, no character at all, boring.
The races reflect this as well, boring
I think its partially because they have to have similar mindset to compete well, just do your best and don't worry about the other drivers, and they've found its best to let the driving on the track do the talking for you.
In Senna to Schumacher era, and Alonso, they did tend to play more obvious mind games which added some drama, Vettel didn't bother much with it, he just drove fast... It would be interesting to get a guy like Juan Montoya in there again from IndyCar or wherever. Fast and drives with an attitude, but I think the current cars don't reward much aggressiveness, they are starting to get pretty tricky to drive well...
Alonso still sometimes throws some minor digs around, even to Verstappen, just incase he's competing with him in the future I guess. I still like F1 but not for the racing for the win at the moment, the races further back are still quite good!

He was getting podiums and wins before having a dominant car, and the 2021 drivers championship though controversial was in an inferior car.
Checo in an identical car struggles at times. Max always gets the maximum out of the car.

It is a bit boring, and I'd love to see Lando to get his first win...but it is what it is.

Whenever I think of the best I always frame that within the era in which they raced. Max, although talented, has been incredibly lucky.

He has a father who is a F1 driver and was raised in that environment.
He skipped F2
Reliability has never been better
He's with a dominate team in a dominate car.

Compare that to the career path and era of Michael Schumacher.

None of Verstappen's teammates have been able to perform at the same level. He is just one of those people with incredible drive and determination to win at whatever he is doing. I hope for his sake that he finds time to actually enjoy life outside of F1.

Max is a unique talent for sure, and he happens to be in the current dominant car. As someone said earlier, he was also winning races when the Mercedes was the dominant car so he deserves credit for his accomplishments.

Christian Horner said something along the lines of (very heavily paraphrased), "Yes, I know these races are boring to watch but we're doing exactly the job we're supposed to. I want every race to be a runaway victory for Red Bull. Blame everyone else for not keeping up." And he's right, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Max is a machine. Pure talent. A bit arrogant but he can back it up. I'll take him any day over Hamilton or Vettel in their prime. I couldn't stand seeing either of them on screen or hearing everyone gush over them. I don't know how anyone thought they were 'humble'. What an act and apparently it worked on lots of people.

I realize everyone's loving the Alonso renaissance, but Hamilton is not Alonso and he needs to retire.

True yet with all that RB still moved from Alpine to Honda. Granted Honda has taken a backseat over the past couple of years with just providing parts to RB. It almost takes an act of God for someone to beat Max to turn 1.
Remember when they were taking a big chance with unproven Honda. The gamble sure worked.

Max is probably the most aggressive driver out there. Hamilton was never that aggressive, just had the fastest car.

but Hamilton is not Alonso and he needs to retire.
Hamilton is probably the 2nd best driver on the grid. The car is what's holding him back but he's keeping that car at it's limits. I always thought George was a great driver (well, he is) and a natural, but Lewis is staying well ahead of him.

Max is probably the most aggressive driver out there. Hamilton was never that aggressive, just had the fastest car.

I question Max's actual racecraft. He's shown he can churn out fast laps. He's shown he can make passes and move through the field when he's in a car that laps .5 sec/lap faster than everything else.

The last time we saw Verstappen race anyone was in 2021, when he had a great habit of blowing the racing line and pushing Hamilton off the track every time he was near, followed by whining to GP about everyone "not leaving the space"

Back