Husky 346xp chainsaw starting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who suggests throwing away a 346XP knows absolutely NOTHING about chainsaws.

You can thank me later
smile.gif

Last edited:
Now that you got it started, here's what I recommend you do before storing it for a long time.

1.) Run the saw for a while and get it warmed up (which you've probably done already after using it).
2.) Dump all the gas out of it (preferably as much as possible into your 2-stroke mix gas can), and then start it up and run it till all the remaining gas (in the carburetor and fuel lines) is gone.
3.) Then attempt to start it again by repeatedly pulling the cord. You will probably find it will run for a split second and then stop for each of several pulls of the cord.
4.) After that, you can put the saw in its case and then put it up till you need it again. Let the saw cool down a bit before you put it in the case!

I've been following the above procedure for 15+ years with my Stihl 029 Farm Boss chainsaw. It ensures that the carburetor and fuel lines are mostly clear from fuel after use and therefore prevents gumming or varnish buildup in the fuel system or other parts of the engine. This saw has never failed to start after filling with gas when I followed this procedure. Granted, it is a Stihl (and I am somewhat partial to that brand!), but a Huskie should be just as good from what I've heard from those who use them.

In fact, I just used my chainsaw this morning to cut up a huge downed tree limb from one of last night's severe thunderstorms that rolled through this area. It fired up quickly and did the job.

Keep your saw; it's a good one and should give you many more years of service.

Not sure why people were bashing the Husky 246xp saw. I guess they did not realize this is a professional saw!

I am thinking of starting a tree removal service in Bald Head Island, NC and this saw is going to do the most work.

Another option for storage is to use Tru-Fuel. I have for a while now and leave it in for the winter.

Great for having a working saw in an emergency to start up right away with no issues.

Originally Posted By: mez
Not sure why people were bashing the Husky 246xp saw. I guess they did not realize this is a professional saw!

I am thinking of starting a tree removal service in Bald Head Island, NC and this saw is going to do the most work.

It is a well known Pro grade performer that has been around for a while.

It will serve your business well, But then you already knew that
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Do yourself a favor, and find the nearest dumpster. Then, toss that saw in it. Then go buy a Stihl. You can thank me later.
My Stihl/Husky dealer recommended a Husky for me over a Stihl because it suited my needs best. Never had a problem with it. Husky makes a nice saw. Throwing it away is not good advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back