How to get a FleetGuard filter for your vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the FleetGuard StrataPore oil filters are the best overall filtration available, with high capacity, high efficiency, and great overall construction.

IDK how much interest there is for this, but I'll put it out there for the convenience of those who may be interested. There are FleetGuard dealers in lots of areas, so there are other ways to get them, but this way can be done in a few minutes at your computer:

1. use the Applicataion Lookup on the FleetGuard/Cummins Filtration website--it is now far more comprehensive than it used to be.

IF the FleetGuard Application Lookup doesn't turn up anything for your vehicle, OR you want to go oversized for longer FCI (Filter Change Interval):

2. Measure or otherwise find out what the maximum filter dimensions can be for your vehicle--it's all about clearances.

3. Go to PureOil.com (Purolator) or other major maker's site for application look-up. Get a Purolator, Fram, Mobil, etc part number. Write down the dimensions, especially thread and gasket sizes.

3a. Do a "where used" ("Where it Fits" on Purolator's site) using the part number you found, and note if there are larger engines that use the same filter OR
3b. use the Application look-up using a vehicle that is commonly used in business. In my case this meant a GMC 1500 truck.
3c. Use Wikipedia or other sources to find engines that are related to the one in your vehicle. In my case this meant the GM 4.3L V6 used in 1/2 ton chassis vehicles. Search for this application on Purolator or FleetGuard or other site.

4. Compare dimensions for the alternate filter (used on your alternate application from 3b or 3c, above) to find if it will fit your vehicle. Thread and gasket are critical, with length a close second and O.D. sometimes a very close third priority. Note the part number of a Purolator/Fram/Mobil/Bosch that will work.

5. Go back to FleetGuard Application Lookup and see if the alternative application is found or if there is a cross reference FG filter. Note if there are available upgrades and look into those--some are really good!

6. Go to Ryder.com and search for your FleetGuard filter number. Ryder has a minimum order, but prices are good.

Link to catalog for reference:

http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdfs/product_lit/americas_brochures/lube_filters.pdf

K

Last edited:
I really want to order some for my Integra but it doesn't say whether or not the ones for my car contain the StrataPore filter material or not, so I don't want to risk it if it doesn't have it. I still may call a local store here that sells them according to their website and ask them if it's a Stratapore filter or not and if they carry them.

I didn't know they made different versions. I'll have to watch that if I order some. Good to know.

What filter number are you looking at for your integra? I see you're right here in GR. I'm in Wyoming.

Last edited:
I looked through the catalog and there are a number of filters with the same threads but none that had stratapore or even synthetic filter media.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sdan27
I looked through the catalog and there are a number of filters with the same threads but none that had stratapore or even synthetic filter media.

Thanks for checking. I kind of figured it wouldn't have been a synthetic media filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back