How to change the headlamps on a Toyota Camry vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good and concise video.

I would have been a bit more specific about the orientation of the bulb, making sure to verbally tell the viewers about the placement of the bulb tabs. But otherwise nicely done.

That is the beauty of something like YT the amount of great help to DIY is enormously valuable!

Originally Posted By: shooter250
There was some goop on the connector that I did not know what it was. Any suggestion?

dialectic grease, protects the metal connectors from corrosion.

It's probably lightbulb grease. It wouldn't be installed from the factory and was probably put there while someone was replacing a bulb later. It is intended to prevent corrosion on the terminals. Corroded terminals are a high resistence connection and give reduced light output and hot terminals that can melt the connector so I'd just as soon leave the grease in there.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
are highlander bubs like that too?

I'm not sure about that but what I find very interesting it that those style bulbs are actually european code as is the bulb holder assembly. I always thought that the HL lens fluting on that generation looked EXACTLY like what you would find on e code lamps. I wonder if they are one in the same and they only had to get DOT approval for them in the US.

@shooter250 if you look nearby to the main bulb holder do you have a smaller city bulb opening or blank on the rear of the housing? Probably a small round plug maybe just a rubber blank plug about one inch or less in dia.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
are highlander bubs like that too?

I'm not sure about that but what I find very interesting it that those style bulbs are actually european code as is the bulb holder assembly. I always thought that the HL lens fluting on that generation looked EXACTLY like what you would find on e code lamps. I wonder if they are one in the same and they only had to get DOT approval for them in the US.

@shooter250 if you look nearby to the main bulb holder do you have a smaller city bulb opening or blank on the rear of the housing? Probably a small round plug maybe just a rubber blank plug about one inch or less in dia.

I'll have to get back to you, my wife just went out of town in the car but she'll be back tomorrow.

High quality video. A shot of the new head lights at night would have been better so we can see how they really look. Toyotas dim the headlights during the day.

The Megs Headlight Restoration Kit will bring out the full glory of those new headlamps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sunfire
High quality video. A shot of the new head lights at night would have been better so we can see how they really look. Toyotas dim the headlights during the day.

The Megs Headlight Restoration Kit will bring out the full glory of those new headlamps.

Really? How so, does it use the sensor for auto-lights? This is the first time i've heard of that, it sounds kind of cool. lol

That is their DRL system. Every time the car is put in the gear, headlights come on at partial brightness. Many of them also have sensor on the dash which will turn on the headlight at full brightness after dusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back