How to abuse a Honda Civic engine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda Civic Video

crushedcar.gif

Looks like they spent days trying to kill that thing, but didn't succeed. By the way, what's the NOACK of water when used as an engine oil?
grin.gif

suspect the car was totalled beforehand. RF wheel looks pushed back.

The motor is a slug of aluminum set for recycling either way.

Great advertisement for Honda.

Not surprising that this took place in a trailer park. Darwin must have missed these guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Palut:
That video would have been far better if it wasn't set to music. I'd actually like to hear the engine!

It isn't set to music. That's the LOUD music these yahoos had playing while they were doing this. You can hear the engine through the music as well as them talking.

Given how long it took this engine to lock up with nothing but water in the crankcase, I'd say anyone who worries about running 5w20 in a Honda needs to find something else to worry about.
grin.gif

Wow,
Thats too bad, some morons did this to a well built engine.
It is probably laid to rest on some guys trailer park lawn, serving out as his "guest room", for visitors, or the new babys room....
smile.gif

"Juste for info. The engine was burning 2 liter of oil every 1000 kilometers . The has now a B16 engine (stock) and is running 13.991 on the quarter mile."

Supposedly, that was posted by one of the people who made the video.

At one time I worked in a auto scrap yard for about 7 years. At the begining we often tried to kill engines before we scraped them.
I found that an engine is harder to destroy then I had thought.
The ironic part was, after finishing a day of destruction, I get into my personal car which I kept care of and it has a rod knock. No I did not scrap it. I fixed it but it was a close call for me not to finish it off. After all, thats what I did best.

That video is an incredible demonstration of Honda engine durability. Honda should be proud of that one...no way ever could a GM or Ford survive that. Thats not a knock against either of those makes, just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back