how much fuel is used in a nascar race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 miles on 22 gallons at most tracks, with the restrictor plates it was closer to 125 miles on 22 gallons. They have 17 gallon tanks now so the distances change proportionately.

They used to use 110 octane leaded, but they use unleaded now. It's about as close to pump gas as these cars have run since the 1970s.

Originally Posted By: Bulli
do most teams really use M1 or is that just for marketing?

Marketing

Quote:
Marketing

I'm gonna' guess most of the other decals on there are for marketing (contingency payouts) as well. For the last how many years there were "JE Pistons" decals on the front fender - this year there's a "Mahle" decal there. I find it hard to believe that every team suddenly switched piston suppliers, y'know?
And, they all (I think) use Oberg filters, yet WIX decals are all over.
Also, is CompCams the only cam supplier? I've read that a number of teams grind their own cams, yet the CC decal is there on all the fenders.

The gas wasted by the cars on the track would be nothing compared to the fuel wasted by all those who attended the race.
Many show up in Motor homes and drove hundreds of miles to get their.

Originally Posted By: Bulli
do most teams really use M1 or is that just for marketing?

I had always heard they use straight single weight oil, not sure which brand. Multi weight oils are for wide range usage, single weights are specific and have less guessing and planning involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back