How much extra would you pay for 100% gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They finally put a 0% ethanol pump in my area.

Beaver Petroleum has a 90octane recreational fuel pump at their terminal.

This place is just 3 gas pumps a sign and Credit card readers... But at least I'm not stuck with marina gas and 6$/gal + hauling 5gal cans 200-300ft to the car.

The current price is about 3.90/gal and local regular 10% ethanol gas is 2.70$

http://pure-gas.org/station?station_id=15771

Planning on 10gal at a time for my Deere 212 and other OPE.

Price difference is too steep to run in the car. Even at 10% better fuel economy(unlikely) the math is way upside down

Last edited:
If it also stabilized well, 40-50 cents or so for my OPE can. I found "yellow green mountain dew" that used to be gas, with red sta-bil, after 6 months of storage in an open walled lean-to.

For my cars, 5% extra, as that's the theoretical benefit. I'd pay a slight premium above that for a few tanks for research purposes.

Originally Posted By: Rand

This place is just 3 gas pumps a sign and Credit card readers... But at least I'm not stuck with marina gas and 6$/gal + hauling 5gal cans 200-300ft to the car.

Price difference is too steep to run in the car. Even at 10% better fuel economy(unlikely) the math is way upside down

Around my area in NY, the E0 gas is about what one would expect to pay for premium gas (which it is). Maybe a dime more. The places that sell it do not sell E10 premium. The E0 is their premium.

$2.71 for a gallon of ethanol free gas. Place has it two blocks from my house. However I prefer Exxon & Mobil. When the prices move up and down if you hit it right I can get ethanol free for within $0.05 of of the cheapest ethanol gas.

Spend a weekend to make it ethanol-proof?

• If metal tank, coat the inside with POR15 fuel tank sealer.
  • Replace hoses
  • Adjust carburetor

That's about it.

Quote:
Even at 10% better fuel economy(unlikely)

F2BfPKH.png

Depending on the gasoline, the fuel economy difference for E10 is between zero (compared to oxygenated gasoline) and 2.4%. Injecting more fuel by volume makes however more torque because of a more even mixture with air, so in reality it's even less.

This place is just 3 gas pumps a sign and Credit card readers...

Do they get enough traffic so that there is no risk of getting stale gas?

How much extra would you pay for 100% gas?

I wouldn't. I've used E10 for 30+ years without a single issue, so there is absolutely no reason to pay more for something that gives me no benefit.

Here in the KC area, a grocery chain is selling 91 octane E0, I use it in my Chonda lawn mower, and it runs great. It is 50¢ more per gallon than E10 87 octane.

Oddly, my motorcycle does not like the E0 91 octane. It much prefers the 93 octane top tier at BP. It's that "magical" Amoco Ultimate Blend.

Last edited:
One could use Marvel Mystery oil to negate the effects of ethanol at 4oz:10 Gallons of gas,maybe?

Man I wish I had no probs with E10. The gas is terrible around me. Problems ALL the time. Its hard to find good gas.
No problems? I don't believe it.

BTW, E10 is oxygenated fuel.

Which is their lame attempt to try to hide it from normal people. No one wants any ethanol in a car that isn't flex fuel/E85 tuned. That's why they use terms like oxygenated so people say "OMG oxygen is good for engines! I better get this!"

Originally Posted By: Donald

Around my area in NY, the E0 gas is about what one would expect to pay for premium gas (which it is). Maybe a dime more. The places that sell it do not sell E10 premium. The E0 is their premium.

...so lucky upstate

If I wanted/needed E0, I'd have to drive 2 hours and 75 miles to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back