How many years would you run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to run house brands and would change oil and filter every 3-4000 now I've stashed good oil all bought at $1 qt or so and usually run it 8-10,000 and can't see myself running anything past 1 year.

as many years till I hit 25,000 miles, or until I felt like just changing it cause enough time has passed and I have have funds to start fresh again, extended use only with Amsoil lube and EAA air filter and a oil sample taken is the proper way to go.
EAO used with any other oil, change at vehicle manufactures recommendation!

What does Amsoil recommend? Amsoil puts much effort in their products It is a good idea to follow their recommendations

Originally Posted By: Steve S
What does Amsoil recommend? Amsoil puts much effort in their products It is a good idea to follow their recommendations

+1

"AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil. AMSOIL recommends changing the oil filter at the time of oil change.

If used in conjunction with AMSOIL Motor Oil that is being changed at intervals less than 25,000 miles, the EaO Filter should be changed at the same time. AMSOIL EaO Filters are not guaranteed for 25,000 miles when used with any oil other than AMSOIL Motor Oil and should be changed according to vehicle OEM recommendations." From Amsoil Website

IIRC, these EaO's were tested in development out to 60k miles and beyond-still doing the job well. But they wanted their dealers to actually sell replacements and to have a wide margin of safety. So, in keeping with their yearly 25k mile oci rec, they kept same for the EaO oil filter line. This was according to a dealer that went to one of their filter conferences when they were rolling out the new EaO, EaA and EaBP filter lines.

EaA's were tested out to 250k with 25k mile cleanings, IIRC, but are rec now for "only" 100k miles or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back