How many Panther owners onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: 454chevy
Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
Driving a chevy makes me throwup.....
grin2.gif

HAHA...me too sometimes...but that is from the G forces pinning me to the seat...
19.gif

Oh, so that was you the other day that I passed in my Ford.
19.gif
19.gif
grin2.gif

PFFT, my Toyota would blow past all of you...

(too soon?)

I've got a '96 Town Car that just hit 70,000 last week. It's a Signature Series with the Ride Control package. Every time I get behind the wheel I'm impressed with Ford. This winter I put Mobil 1 0W-20 in with an 820S filter. It starts smoother than silk and runs quiet as can be. Amazing combination,
5 months/3000 miles into the cycle and zero consumption.

LincolnG.jpg

LincolnI.jpg

LincolnC.jpg

Present. Mine has about 42k on the clock and will be 6 next month on the 26th. I have not decided what to get her yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
thumbsup2.gif

My 05 CVLX has 87K miles...the other 2 [my sisters 07 Grand Marquis LS &moms 05 CVLX have only around 23K miles...We all really love our Panthers.

My 88 [5.0] Town Car had 300K miles when I sold it and my 99 [4.6] Grand Marquis GS with HPP had over 200K miles on it before Hurricane Wilma totaled it in 05 or I would still be driving it.

Great Topic Falcon_LS!!

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
thumbsup2.gif

My 05 CVLX has 87K miles...the other 2 [my sisters 07 Grand Marquis LS &moms 05 CVLX have only around 23K miles...We all really love our Panthers.

My 88 [5.0] Town Car had 300K miles when I sold it and my 99 [4.6] Grand Marquis GS with HPP had over 200K miles on it before Hurricane Wilma totaled it in 05 or I would still be driving it.

Great Topic Falcon_LS!!

That's a lot of Panther experience! Great cars without a doubt. Good old American excellence. God bless the working stiff!!!

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
I've got a '96 Town Car that just hit 70,000 last week. It's a Signature Series with the Ride Control package. Every time I get behind the wheel I'm impressed with Ford. This winter I put Mobil 1 0W-20 in with an 820S filter. It starts smoother than silk and runs quiet as can be. Amazing combination,
5 months/3000 miles into the cycle and zero consumption.

LincolnG.jpg

LincolnI.jpg

LincolnC.jpg

Would you like to sell??

20.gif

Originally Posted By: Kestas
91 Mercury Grand Marquis. Original owner.

Edit: It's got a 5.0L. Though fully qualified, there was no way I was giving this one up to the C4C program.

Can't say that I blame you!

Would you like to sell??

20.gif

I can't. I love it too much.

Darn

Would you like to sell??

20.gif

I can't. I love it too much.

Darn

You can pick up a really nice one if you're patient. Most of the time they are owned by older folks and lead a pretty low key life. Good luck if you decide to get one.

Art, I had a 96 Merc GM with the 4.6 (218,000 miles) and the engine was great. I used M1 10-30 and had fine service with that. I noticed you are using M1 0-20 and seem to like it. I always had doubts about 20wt oil until Johnny convinced me to go with M1 5-20EP and I must say I really like it. I didn't realize a 96 4.6 could take 20wt. Learn something new every day.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Art, I had a 96 Merc GM with the 4.6 (218,000 miles) and the engine was great. I used M1 10-30 and had fine service with that. I noticed you are using M1 0-20 and seem to like it. I always had doubts about 20wt oil until Johnny convinced me to go with M1 5-20EP and I must say I really like it. I didn't realize a 96 4.6 could take 20wt. Learn something new every day.

tig1 I told you awhile back that 5w20 would be good for your 96 [4.6]Grand Marquis...But the Mobil 1 you used served you well anyway.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

tig1 I told you awhile back that 5w20 would be good for your 96 [4.6]Grand Marquis...But the Mobil 1 you used served you well anyway.

If I still had that car I would go with 5-20EP. That goes in the Focus in the next week or so.

Hi Tig1,

I know that Ford allows for the use of 5W-20 at least as far back as my model year of 1996. I figured why not try the Mobil 1 0W-20 this winter. The car starts in the freezing cold like it's 90 degrees outside. It's amazing. I had 2 expectations when I put this in. I thought I would see at least some oil consumption and I figured the engine would be louder since it's so thin. I was wrong on both counts. I haven't used a teaspoon in 3000 miles and the car is quiet as can be.
Excellent winter weight if ever there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back