how long does the batt on your cordless saw last??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 18v Nicad ridgid cordless saw. uses a 7.5" blade. ever since its been new, the batts die after one or two cuts of a 4x8 plywood. so i have never really used it. Tried it again today to cut a 4' of 3/4" plywood. Same thing struggles and almost died at the end

As i have no other reference other than this one, is this how many of them are? a few cuts and they are dead?

Nicad is your problem unfortunately. Lithium ion is where it's at right now. My Ridgid cordless drill (lithium ion, of course) is all I use and it runs and runs. The only thing I have been told is to NOT leave on the charger while not being used as this supposedly kills the battery quicker.
My previous cordless was nicad and I wouldn't purchase another one ever again, yes they're cheaper but there is a reason.
I would recommend looking into a newer saw with better battery technology. My corded dewalt just sits there now.

My neighbor and I built matching sections of fence between our houses a few months ago. I have a DeWalt Li-Ion impact driver and he's got a DeWalt Li-Ion circular saw, and between those two, we did the entire fence project (including cutting 4x6/4x4 posts, countless 2x4 rails, and ripping a few fence pickets) over two days without a single battery recharge between us.

I have the same circular saw from Ridgid. I have used it on one charge for cutting several sheets of plywood, so I say that you should warranty the battery. They have a lifetime warranty if you filled out the proper paperwork when you first bought them, so they will exchange it for a new one no questions asked.

Home Depot will provide you the nearest authorized service center to work through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back