How did you select your User Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was delusional at the time.

12 years later and I am moving more towards changing it to:

Letsomeone-elsedoit, or doitmyself-sometimes, or dontdoit-andtheproblemmightgoawayonitsown

or tiredofmultidayrepairadventureswithtentripsforparts
lol.gif

Mine comes from liking Chevys and our home state. I liked the honey badger videos so that's how I decided to represent Sconnie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The name of one of the best dogs I've ever had, levi. Large black and tan Dobie. We got her (yes, her) from a family that could no longer care for her. She was smartest animal I've ever experienced. Swear she could understand everything you said.

Another Brit/Canadian referred to us as 'Expats' about the time I joined BITOG.
I'd never thought of myself as an 'Expat' before, I guess the phrase was stuck in my head.

I have had some nasty PMs from people that assume I am an American Draft dodger or something.
I found that quite amusing.
I never replied.

Mine is a sort of a golf term that I made up. I can hit the ball far enough to reach par 5s in two, but my putting is so bad most of the time that I usually leave the green after three putts with a par.

Sometimes I do make it in two though, so I do make some birdies from time to time. I've only ever made the first putt once, so I have one eagle in 35 years of golfing. Yep, my putting is that bad.

Kita was my nickname in Japan...
Kita is (one) Japanese word for "joyful"...it is also the word for "north" that in "kanji" (the Japanese pictorial language) looks line my initials "jt"...mashing them up I get KitaCamry...

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Mine?

I have no idea!
grin2.gif

Could be indicative of an underlying tension of some repressed desire...I'd get counselling if I were you...there's this place called BITOG...

my user here is my given first name, i just messed up putting it in. the other places i use my nick name is MOE, i had at work many years. with the number of the first IC chip in started using 7404. a short number is a good way to still use a name that others have also. ill bet the bullwinkle here is much much smarter that the one i watched as a kid on TV

Mine was given to me in college, first initial last name method. Didn't think anything of it, until some one over email took to calling me by it. I realized it was the only non offensive nickname given to me, so I've kept it.

Years and years ago I was at a flea market and found an auto emblem that said "nimrod." Bought it on the spot. On forums where I can have an avatar I use that. It's kinda fitting.

[i recently figured out what that emblem was from: a popup manufacturer used that in the 60's.]

My career has always been fleet maintenance....buses, trucks, heavy equipment, and etc. Fleetman was taken thus I put a carribean spin on it and became Fleetmon. I am Fleetman on a number of other Forums.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Mine is quite simple:

I tend to do most things to the excess.

You forgot to tell them about the Town Car valve springs.
wink.gif

BAH HAHAHA! It was the Mustang valve springs, LOL! This story has grown legs of its own
wink.gif

Mine? Named after my first car...a 87 Cavalier rally sport (RS) Followed me on quite a few boards....and the name still sticks today.

Ah, the sweet irony of driving some sort of J body for 21 years now...straight!
grin.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back