HOW A REAL USED UP OIL FILTER LOOKS LIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little ashamed that I did change it a little early, but, you can judge if it was really time to change:

And it was working pretty fine, only a fraction of a second of rattle at first startup of the day

The clean side was clean, just oil

[/

Last edited:
Sure. The vehicle was my Scooby EJ engine with 125k miles on dino diet from day 1, that get 0w30 fully synthetic old stock ELF, plus half quart of TechPE base oil, from my stach, last year, you know, to clean ... Ran this oil/filter a little over 10 km miles (17,000 kms) on syn oil that cleaned the dirty, but never clogged up. So i threw a little graphitee to close the deal. That was covered in anothe thread, without media dismantle, though. the oil wasn't that dirt, until the solid lube came in ...
And that was it, just showing how much dirty a paper medial can deal with without rupting/clogging.

Have seen a lot of dissected filters showing very boring clean filters. And if it doesn't look dirty it wasn't used up good
smile.gif

Yes, but wasn't a ton, was the cleaning of a dirt engine (a little varnish/carbon from dino oil) and 20 grams of powdered graphite. Went to by passing only when the oil was cold, at 1st startup of the day, could hear a quick rattle. But, when warm was filtering really fine, since the container with the oil is several months sitting in the garage and the bottom is normal, a little very fine material carpet as usual.

FRAM OCOD ... But they are better constructed here than in other places, I'm affraid. Not cardboard end cap, but metal and not nitrile ADBV, but silicone ADBV.

Last edited:
It's obvious you dipped the filter in the Brazilian mud before taking the pictures.

You can fool some of these guys but not the wise old man.
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It's obvious you dipped the filter in the Brazilian mud before taking the pictures.

You can fool some of these guys but not the wise old man.
31.gif

Brazillian mud is made of hydrocarbons, plus carbon (grafite)?

Cardboard bench results:

spec of sludge (dust oxidized oil grafite

spec of dirt smashed and slided

Dark side of the media

Engine se dozens of 7k+rpm WOT, every day. SUBARU EJ is Pontual proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back