House votes to block E15 from gas pumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Diesel1
you really care buy buying one of the least efficient engine designs ever. What is this mother gaea? I see facts that are real bud there is no god, and why fight about it too many have died pointless crusades. Think of what our society would be like if that hadn't had happened, and if scientist weren't prosecuted for thinking different. I have cats tho since i do care and am educated. please don't assume, and lets further humanity.

Do you do much beyond writing seemingly drug-hazed allegories?

wow how much do you respect your planet? I gave clear explanations,yet I'm hazed. Sorry if your not a fact believer, and it kind of makes me sad. Society has made such an allowance of ignorance. What is untrue about the crusades? Would society not be better of with more scientist, and less religious fanatics that kill for no reason?

Last edited:
wow how much do you respect your planet? I gave clear explanations,yet I'm hazed. Sorry if your not a fact believer, and it kind of makes me sad. Society has made such an allowance of ignorance. What is untrue about the crusades? Would society not be better of with more scientist, and less religious fanatics that kill for no reason?

I've news for you, planet boy. I'm an atheist and majored in mechanical engineering, with a minor in aerospace engineering.

Neither of these facts gives me carte blanche to go around lecturing other members here about the validity of their religious beliefs, or their mechanical knowledge. I haven't managed to do all the things they have, nor have I seen all the things they have. If you are such a student of empiricism, you should know that your observations don't necessarily translate into fact.

While you seem to have an issue with it, others here (as well as everywhere else) have a right to believe anything they darn well care too. They don't need a lecture on sociology, religion and ethics, from some self-righteous twit, on a tribological oriented message-board...

Have a nice day!
10.gif

Originally Posted By: rshunter
you really care buy buying one of the least efficient engine designs ever. What is this mother gaea? I see facts that are real bud there is no god, and why fight about it too many have died pointless crusades. Think of what our society would be like if that hadn't had happened, and if scientist weren't prosecuted for thinking different. I have cats tho since i do care and am educated. please don't assume, and lets further humanity.

Do you do much beyond writing seemingly drug-hazed allegories?

how about it!!

I've news for you, planet boy. I'm an atheist and majored in mechanical engineering, with a minor in aerospace engineering.

Neither of these facts gives me carte blanche to go around lecturing other members here about the validity of their religious beliefs, or their mechanical knowledge. I haven't managed to do all the things they have, nor have I seen all the things they have. If you are such a student of empiricism, you should know that your observations don't necessarily translate into fact.

While you seem to have an issue with it, others here (as well as everywhere else) have a right to believe anything they darn well care too. They don't need a lecture on sociology, religion and ethics, from some self-righteous twit, on a tribological oriented message-board...

Have a nice day!
10.gif

Well said
thumbsup2.gif

Have a nice day!
10.gif

your the man!! that was AWSOME!!!

Your right about the topic, and how have i strayed? Sorry if your insulted i was justing being polite, and having a clear and concise format for you. As many have said before its how we go about our busyness that lets us live a life worth being proud of. o_O and since im being so closed minded think of how many boats run around with carbed v8s. Tell me how expelling exhaust into are water supply is well>? Dont assume i have a pick up, since is makes an [censored] out of who>? I just want you to be a good member of earth, and think proactive.

This is my last response to you. I am not going to waste my time arguing with someone such as yourself as your motivations and affiliations are very obvious and I am not playing any further. You are certainly entitled to your views, however, I choose to ignore what I feel is just rhetoric and inane drivel from an environmental activist type. Also, this is starting to trend towards a type of discussion on here that gets you a time out from the Mod's. This is not a topic worth getting the boot.

I basically am responding one last time as I made an error in what I posted earlier. I misread what you posted and thought you said your 77 carb'd vehicle was a p'up. So my mistake and let me amend what I said to "My 4-stroke fuel injected 40 HP outboard is far less destructive to our environment than your 1970's vehicle." Not every boat on the water has a carb'd V8 spouting toxins into the water.

Last edited:
A twit well don't you make good use of your education? I started off with expanding your history of ethanol. Maybe even add to your knowledge base, but you lower your self to this standard.

I do look at facts that can be proven with the scientific method, so there is a process in my perspective. Religion has little purpose, but to control humanity. Aren't we adults able to discuss, and further ourselves?

Sorry everyone I did not dismiss, or ignore anything. Maybe a reassessment is in hand when reading, and even rereading. I also give respect to everything since it is so amazing it has happened. Live a life you would be proud of in benefiting the human race.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: Shannow
If 100% EVs are viable as commuters, then I believe that CNG is even moreso.

Suburban route busses are ideal for the stuff.

Our local transit authority ran combination diesel - LNG/CNG buses for years on a test basis. I don't know if they have increased or decreased in the fleet. I can say that at the timeI had inside information on their maintenance, they were not causing huge problems.

I just did some Googling - Here is a result.

Looks like San Francisco and Houston think alike. SF Muni demoed 2 Neoplan AN440LF CNG buses with Detroit S50Gs, and they did pretty badly. I've seen them on a trailer going up I-80 a few months ago.

They decided on buying a fleet of Orion VII hybrids instead.

Do you honestly read one sentence, and rebuttal your demeaning nonsense? As we saw the conversion some how got out of hand, and I apologized for the situation of your misreading.

Lets look at the bigger picture, and not be flat landers. I'm a scientist, so what does that mean I look at the world in an objective manner. I will keep an open conclusion until i have seen facts, and figures that show eveidence.

The thing with beliveing in something that will take care of everyting is luneicy. We are here on earth, and if we dont take care with responsibility. Then what will happen?

Honestly I've come to terms with the fact that there are people like you were talking about. That fact makes me sad that we've come so far, but we still cant allow the evidence presented in science. Really though Live a life you would be proud of in benefiting the human race.

Do you honestly read one sentence, and rebuttal your demeaning nonsense? As we saw the conversion some how got out of hand, and I apologized for the situation of your misreading.

Lets look at the bigger picture, and not be flat landers. I'm a scientist, so what does that mean I look at the world in an objective manner. I will keep an open conclusion until i have seen facts, and figures that show eveidence.

The thing with beliveing in something that will take care of everyting is luneicy. We are here on earth, and if we dont take care with responsibility. Then what will happen?

Honestly I've come to terms with the fact that there are people like you were talking about. That fact makes me sad that we've come so far, but we still cant allow the evidence presented in science. Really though Live a life you would be proud of in benefiting the human race. [/B]

The acceptance of science and the existence of faith are not mutually exclusive. What's wrong with someone having something that gives them a moral grounding? Nothing. Finding a "believer" that turns their back on science is, in reality, a very difficult thing. It needs to also be noted that one doesn't have to be a believer in God to be a religious zealot. Religions come in all forms, including those that some of us choose not to accept as such. Especially when we're a member of it.

There is no need to apologize for the situation getting out of hand due to another's "misreading". Particularly when it had nothing to do with "misreading", and everything to do with what was actually written. When you come here and jump on someone else, you'd best expect to get your just reward. That's the nature of this board and just about every other one I've ever been on. It keeps people honest, as most have an extraordinary ability to sense a load of bull.

The membership here are about as far from "flat landers" as you can get, as cold, hard data amounts to the Holy Grail (if you'll forgive the religious reference) to them. I've yet to see anyone discount data using some absurd non-scientific basis. Opinion based subjects? Well, that's another matter, but I've yet to see anyone use a religious basis.

I've yet to also see anyone proclaim that a problem was a non-issue, due to a belief that "A higher power is going to fix it". Someone rejecting your stance on a subject doesn't mean that it's based on their faith, or lack thereof. One doesn't have to agree with, or live according to, another's way of life in order to leave the world a better place. Blaming religion, and the act of believing, is an easy way to use one's own prejudices to debase those that may hold an opposing viewpoint and its validity. The fact that there are those of faith who agree with your basic premise are a bit of an issue though, don't you think?

Your analysis of a situation may lead you to a certain conclusion, but it doesn't mean that your conclusion is correct. Science is subject to errors, with scientist induced error being the worst culprit. I remember a lot of reporting, from many reputable sources, of a coming ice-age. A number of those sources are now reporting just the opposite. Just what makes their analysis more reliable and valid than it was some 35 years ago? Keep in mind that they're using the same historical data sources that they were using then.

My last post may have been out of line, but did have a basis. Your posts have not reflected the level of education that you have asserted. However, in retrospect, I see that it may be due to English not being your first language. If this is the case, then I do apologize for that statement.

P.S.: To everyone else, I apologize for this loooooong post!
11.gif

A twit well don't you make good use of your education? I started off with expanding your history of ethanol. Maybe even add to your knowledge base, but you lower your self to this standard.

I do look at facts that can be proven with the scientific method, so there is a process in my perspective. Religion has little purpose, but to control humanity. Aren't we adults able to discuss, and further ourselves?

Sorry everyone I did not dismiss, or ignore anything. Maybe a reassessment is in hand when reading, and even rereading. I also give respect to everything since it is so amazing it has happened. Live a life you would be proud of in benefiting the human race.

I can't help myself guys I am sorry. I have to respond to this...

WHAT THE BLEEP ARE YOU TALIKNG ABOUT???? I did not bring religion into anything so I have no clue why you are doing so. I haven't got a clue what you have been, or are now, talking about. Is English your primary language? If so I would return that college degree you are so proud of. If not then PLEASE take more time to phrase your comments as they are very hard to wade through and follow plus you come across extremely insulting. EXTREMELY INSULTING! I have responded aggressively to you soleyl based on your comments to me so please don't try and pass this off on me.

1 - I don't need a history lesson on ethanol. I know more about it than I care or need to know. Nothing you have posted from your 1st response has any bearing on the original topic of this thread nor any responses thereto. Nothing you have posted in any way has contradicted the facts that ethanol blended fuels are not a solution to our oil problems as currently used either. It costs more, impacts food crops, uses a lot of that "evil oil" to produce, and our fuel economy drops while using it. Just a no win situation using it as things are set up now. If it could be changed so we were more like Brazil where it is the primary fuel, and all of these negative production and use issues could be dealt with, that is different. Until then E10 is a bad idea and E15 is a horrendous idea.

2 - your continued environmental comments and peace and love throw back comments are driving me insane. Enough with the Mother Earth and live a life benefiting the human race stuff. While those comments have their place this is not it. This is an oil forum not some kind of 60's hippy commune forum. Please, stay within the topic and discuss things oil/automotive related. Religion and politics are topics that are not allowed here( it is in the forum rules you agreed to when registering here )and for a good reason.

Please stick to talking about the US Congress stopping the EPA from sticking us with E15 or move on. That is what this thread is supposed to be about. Not saving Mother Earth, the evil people who use boats, and the human race. IF you do that you will have no further trouble from me anyway.

GEESUMJUMPINCHRISTMAS!
33.gif

Last edited:

Honestly I've come to terms with the fact that there are people like you were talking about. That fact makes me sad that we've come so far, but we still cant allow the evidence presented in science. Really though Live a life you would be proud of in benefiting the human race.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Main screen turn on.
All your base are belong to us.
You have no chance to survive make your time.

I have been talking about logic, and as humans thats pretty much all we really have. There was no politics coming out of me, and or other materials that this forum doesn't like. I am quite absent of the belief of lying to people.

In all honesty lets be good patrons to the earth. You are supported by it every second, so why not take care of what takes care of you?

Your logic is there, so is there any conflicting ideas? With the relevancy of this topic yet again, so many things are dependent on how they are enacted. Why cant we have morals with out false hope? I sure do to be a well rounded human being. Now the major problem is when these people you speak of let there zealousness get to the better of themselves. I wont destroy any one in the name of a false hope, but many will thats sad. Now why does this happen?

I did not jump on anyone sorry if you think so. I was encouraging adults to have a typical conversation. "When you come here and jump on someone else, you'd best expect to get your just reward." is this a zealous reaction?

I am fully against ethanol as a fuel for the U.S. Farm subsidies are the driving factor, and I'm no fan of those, either.

If we could derive ethanol from inedible feedstock, and it was cost effectinve in the market place, them it might finally be of some use. Otherwise, it's just about political power and favorite pet money pits sucking up taxpayer wealth.

I've never had much use for earth-huggers. They are simply another closed-minded religious sect. As if the earth doesn't already have too many of them. Dropped on their heads too many times as a baby, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back