Hotel pet policy

Corinth MS, (no) Quality Inn - very thin walls... :ROFLMAO:
Needless to say I moved to another hotel next day after listening to 'oh baby... yes baby..' for 3 hours the night I checked in.
At least I had time to check out Elvis' house/museum in Tupelo on a day off :)

I dunno how this thread got bumped but we often travel with our three dogs. Lately pet rates have become exorbitant-- seems $20+ per dog is not uncommon-- but we pay it. However some have a 2-dog limit and we still bring our three (I know, I know I'm a horrible person).

Barking is absolutely not tolerated from us. Our dogs are expected to be quiet and they know it.

We always leave at least $20 for housekeeping when we check out.

I do wish dog owners weren't such jerks and would pick up after their pets. We always clean up and if we have time we'll pick up an extra pile or two of poo left by some other loser.

That said, if hotels are charging $20+ per pet they should be able to afford to have maintenance clean the dog area once per day. This shouldn't be necessary at all but of course it is because we know from results not everyone picks up after their dog.

Corinth MS, (no) Quality Inn - very thin walls... :ROFLMAO:
Needless to say I moved to another hotel next day after listening to 'oh baby... yes baby..' for 3 hours the night I checked in.
At least I had time to check out Elvis' house/museum in Tupelo on a day off :)
Oh yeah 😎
I had a picture fall off the wall and hit me in the head from all the racket in the next room. I slept well that night 🌙 😌

This is the story I tell here. I was there and got engaged to the WRK that day and my first and middle name match the dead man's exactly.

We came back from an early lunch and watched as they hauled him out.

True story...

We've had more problems with noisy people than with noisy dogs. We generally travel with a dog. We've had a series of four of the same breed. Our dogs never bark or at worst only bark when someone opens the door.

One of our dogs (the one before this one) was a show stopper. We could never take her anywhere without someone stopping us to admire the dog.

In our experience only better hotels take pets. People who stay at better hotels generally have well behaved animals.

Repeated or regular barking should not be tolerated. That problem was on the hotel. I would have demanded a different room and possibly a complementary night's stay for good measure.

Dogs in hotels are annoying. They are out of element, stressed when owners leave and not used to the environment.

Special hotels or wings that are dog only should exist.

Dogs in hotels are annoying. They are out of element, stressed when owners leave and not used to the environment.
Most hotels (the ones we stay at anyway) require you to take your dog with you if you leave the room. That's what we do. Our dog will never be alone in the room barking because it's never alone in the room. We pick up after our pet. You would never know our dog was in the room next door. And we pay an additional fee, allegedly for extra cleaning - which I doubt the hotel ever does or has to do.

A good hotel eyeballs a dog before agreeing to let it stay.

It's not reasonable to generalize based on the behaviour of a few bad actors. Otherwise people should not be allowed to stay at hotels either because a few people make a lot of noise. Or at least teams should not be allowed to stay, or at least pre-teens and teenagers should not be allowed, etc.

We've never been bothered by a noisy dog at a hotel. But we have been kept awake by noisy people, sports teams playing games in the halls, and teenagers running up and down the halls and shouting. So there's that.

Old thread, but the dog owners should have done something. Getting woken up is very annoying too. I wouldn’t be sleeping good as it is.

Before getting our GSD mix puppy last month, the wife wanted to go to pet friendly West Baden (southern IN) with the pug. I feel she’d be fine, but they will bill you if your dog disturbs the peace. The bill could be from one room or 12. It just takes 1 bark and she’ll bark when it’s meal time. Wasn’t a fan since she’d be left crated alone in a strange place either.

We have the new dog now so going there is no longer up for discussion. They have a weight limit too, but last time I was there, they had a Newfoundland in the lobby. Lol

Back