Honda versamow mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks! You bet. I'll post my experiences with this. I'm totally out of my GOURD paying $769 for a self propelled mower, but when it comes to OPE, I like decent stuff.

I probably should have spent the extra peanuts to get the Kawasaki engine over the Briggs 850 (supposedly avail on another site), but mowersdirect only carried the Briggs model.

There is no delivery charge. An outfit called R & L Carries is doing the shipping/delivery. I don't anticipate having any issues unloading a push-mower box off the truck. I believe it's under 100lbs boxed.

Joel

You mentioned the Kawasaki motor a couple posts back. Which site has it offered on this Snapper? I can't seem to find it.

I wouldn't say you are out of your gourd. I have been on a spree myself since last November. I picked up a Stihl BG86 leaf blower, and just picked up a Toro 221QE snow blower. And one of these Snappers is next. I just don't know which to buy- the High Vac or the Ninja. Decisions decisions...

Originally Posted By: Jeepster_nut
You mentioned the Kawasaki motor a couple posts back. Which site has it offered on this Snapper?
Right here: Snapper w/ Kawi

It looks like they're in stock w/ free shipping as well.

Joel

The fj180v kawi is pressure lubed w/ a bypass valve. Even the homeowner model that has no oil filter. The main crank bearings however are the only places that get oil delivered by the pump. Cylinder, rod, and writs pin are all still splashed.

I believe the new Briggs 850 professional series is splash only, with a pump to circulate oil through the filter. It's iron sleeved with bearings at the PTO end only.

Joel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back