Honda spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.....OEM on this engine are the NGK 5787....believe I'll stick with that and return the plugs.

Of course you don't have to pay the $15-20 for dealer plugs since they're just NGK or Denso. Those go for about $10 each.

There is another alternative, Bosch 9619, for only $5 each. These Bosch plugs will be fine. They are NOT those stupid 4-prong gimmick plugs. The 9619 is a normal, one-prong iridium plug that should last the same 100k that the OEM/NGK/Denso did.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I believe that car calls for a Denso 3461 or NGK 5787.

The NGK 5787 is $40.04/delivered for a set of 4 on eBay right now.

^what he said. I bought 6 new OEM plugs for the Accord on ebay for about $60 shipped. In my case the part number was a bit different but you get the idea
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Of course you don't have to pay the $15-20 for dealer plugs since they're just NGK or Denso. Those go for about $10 each.

There is another alternative, Bosch 9619, for only $5 each. These Bosch plugs will be fine. They are NOT those stupid 4-prong gimmick plugs. The 9619 is a normal, one-prong iridium plug that should last the same 100k that the OEM/NGK/Denso did.

the 4-ground plugs aren't gimmicks. Many cars have used multiple ground plugs for longevity purposes. An example is the NGK BKR7E-QUP
408330055.jpg

Iridium alloy conductivity isn't has good, which is why the electrode core is still copper alloy with the iridum tip welded onto it.

Last edited:
Dude, NEVER go to the dealer to buy plugs. They're ALWAYS a rip off there
31.gif

When I changed out the plugs on my Accord last year, I got OEM NGKs from AAP for nearly half the dealer's cost. Make sure to double check the gap with a feeler gauge. For NGK plugs, I know they come with a special factory coating that doesn't require any anti-seize. Use a small dab of dielectric grease inside the boot of the spark plug wire/ignition coil at the end. In a Japanese engine, only use NGK or Denso plugs. You can never go wrong with these.

The corona I'm referring to is the brown stain where the ceramic meets the metal section of the plug. A lot of people think it's compression leaking from the plug but it's just a corona stain. Usually the darker the stain the hotter the plug is running.

Just get the correct NGK or Denso ones.

Side note, the serpentine belt on that car is an absolute nightmare to do. Two person job, and easiest done from the bottom. I did an 08 and it was very unpleasant.

Well......checked the plugs and reciept when I got home. They are the denso ones. The ticket said a 20% re-stocking fee for all returns. Being that I live 45 miles away and the restocking fee, I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and keep them. It's about a two hour round trip ordeal, plus tolls on the highway and then the 20% restocking fee.....just isn't worth it. Lesson LEARNED. Luckily the belt still looks fine, may hold off on that for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back